Depth at Corner an Issue for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Beyond Pacman Jones and Reynaldo Hill, the Titans have concerns with depth at cornerback. At this point, seventh-round rookie Cortland Finnegan ranks ahead of veterans Andre Woolfolk and Rich Gardner. Third-year pro Michael Waddell is not expected back from a knee injury until around midseason. Woolfolk keeps a level head about his situation. "Basically I'm taking the backburner seat right now and trying to work my way back up," Woolfolk said. "It's almost like you have to do twice as much because you've shown the good, you've shown the bad, but the other person obviously showed something better. So you have to kind of be thrown in somehow." Gardner, who is at risk to be replaced by a waiver wire addition, hopes to make himself shine on special teams. "I'm feeling real good, and I'm definitely trying to be more of a role player this year," Gardner said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. fltitan

fltitan Guest

It may get worse ESPN is reporting Pac was arresred early this morning for disorderly conduct and public drunkness. Someting is wrong when one or more of our players is getiing drunk and out til early in the morning 2days before a game. I'm a big Fisher fan and want to win but enough is enough. This indicates our team does not have the win at all costs attitude it needs to have. He is supposed to be a leader on our defense and this isn't how you do it. Suspend him for the 1st four games don't pay him and send a message to the team. I hope maybe wrong place wrong time or we don't know the whole story but with Pac it's probably let's party and to hell with the team and fans.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Dude, the guy was drunk. It wasn't as if he pulled a Maurice Clarrett or Rae Carruth.

4. fltitan

fltitan Guest

My problem isn't so much that he was drunk it is the lack of respect for his teamates, his coaches and himself. He shouldn't have been there he should have shut up and left when he was told to. He talks about being a man well he needs to learn what that means and grow up. If you think this is ok then we just have a difference of opinion I don't think it's ok and think it may be a symptom of whats wrong with this team.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

not that i am a big drinker....or a drinker at all...but i was under the impression when your drunk it gets to a point where you have no control/recollection of what happened and what you do.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Right. But responsibility for one's actions remains regardless.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

why is it a mitigating factor in law defenses?

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Getting drunk isn't a defense in the US. It might be "down under" but a person is responsible for their actions unless they can prove they were insane which rarely happens successfully. Thats why it is stupid to get so drunk you can't control yourself.

9. fltitan

fltitan Guest

The real problem isn't that he just had to much to drink its about the timing of this, about character, leadership and pride. He made the choice to drink to much, he made the choice to cause the scene, he made the chice not to leave when asked to by the police thats my problem. He knows better and put himself in a position to embarrass himself and his team. Being drunk is not an acceptable excuse.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar