Deon Butler video (not the cornerback)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah...it's not DARius Butler, the CB, UConn...it's the other WR from Penn State. I really wanted to clear that up ahead of time. Twice.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/Deon-Butler.php

Anywhew, I said after watching the Combine, this dude really stood out...kind of like Lavelle and Eddie Royal last year. If we haven't drafted a WR by, say, (gasp) the third round, this is a guy I wouldn't mind looking at. He'll remind you of those guys a bit, and they'll mention it in the video, but you'll recognize it first for yourself. Trust me.

At the beginning, he's flowing like Derrick Mason (and you'll like it).

Then he'll have this one awful drop, and you'll put him back down the row a bit. You'll almost wish you hadn't seen it, but you'll be glad you did in the end.

The guy, by the way, has outproduced Derrick Williams during his time there. I think I brought that up on "The Next Derrick Mason" thread. Also, if memory serves, he had the 2nd fastest 40 time at the Combine. The unofficial on he and Johnny Knox (who can't jump for jack; I'm talking like a lineman (32" vert...I laughed, sorry - for a WR? - no; just, no) ran 4.26 and 4.25 respectively. Then the official times came back higher. Anyway, the kid's the useful kind of fast, I think. He'd replace Chris Davis, straight up, no bones. And he could compete with and push Lavelle Hawkins. Finally, he could be our KR or PR, perhaps.

IMO, he would be an ideal 4th round grab, even if we acquired Holt or a bigger name in the first or second round.

2. JHSilverback

JHSilverback Guest

I go to PSU and have watched him from freshmen to senior..Hes excellant player hes got speed but, lacks in the height department..Yes he does drop a pass here and there but, he makes the catches in the clutch situations..this kid went from being unrecurited in college to PSU's all leading reception leader so that will tell you about his ability to catch the football..

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Nice endorsement. Welcome to the board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar