Den at NE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The Patriots need to be taught a lesson. Brady should've been pulled at the beginning of the 4th quarter. It was 45-10. C'mon. Just put Mallett and the other backups in, give them all the experience of not only an NFL game, but a playoff game. Just hand the ball off to backup running backs. Not hard.

I would hope someone would have the balls to be like "hey coach, stop being a f**ktard and let the backups play; someone could get hurt and kill our chances of another ring."

Does it honestly not occur to BlowJ Bill that Brady could've gotten hurt? I'm going to check his press conference on ESPN in a bit. I'd love to hear his reasoning. If I were a Pats fan, I would've been pissed Brady was still in.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

These are players and coaches making millions of dollars, if they don't want the score to be ran up, then stop the other team. I was for the Broncos but I am not sure what you wanted the Patriots to do. It's the playoffs, keeping things going and trying to keep your momentum into the next week isn't something I will hold against a team. Plus, like someone else mentioned, they scored 10 points in the second half when in reality they probably could have scored 2 or 3 more TDs if they wanted too. Hardly what I would consider running up the score.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Cut throat, full throttle, play to win football is the only acceptable way I see it. Aggressive play calling and decisions are what should be expected, stop getting hurt that the score went south... Uhhh this ain't middle school or pee wees... It's the F'n PROS! Don't like losing so bad... Don't suck so bad.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. RavensShallBurn

Dumb football is what it is.

I always agree with "if you don't like it, stop it" but only when the team is doing simple counter, draws, stretches or any other run plays, not when they're still airing it out and have their elite QB in the game up by 5 touchdowns in the 4th quarter.

Brady deserved to get hurt.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I don't think Brady did anything wrong. Brady can't pull himself and Belichek is a dick.

6. pettso

pettso Starter

Sigh... This isn't a league where you care about the other teams feelings. I don't want my team to know what it's like to take their foot off the gas in a game.

Brady takes close to 1000 snaps every year. The chances of him getting injured over the course of a quarter (15 snaps of mostly handoffs) are so small. Sure, it's a tiny risk but it's the way belicheck coaches. Brady wanted to be in, belicheck wanted him out there. Wanna argue against their rings? Be my guest.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

This game was no surprise at all. It's very difficult to make the NFL playoffs, then a crappy team like Denver gets in. Pittsburgh must be kicking themselves.

New England will lose next week though.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

This whole mindest is just dumb. In college football, where you often times get a power house school playing a weak team, then I get it because they are kids and the level of talent between a powerhouse program and a lower level program is pretty wide. But, in the NFL, the talent level isnt that different from the best team in the league and the worst team in the league. There is no such thing as running up the score at the highest level where everyone on the field is getting paid to be there. You are acting as if New England was kicking onside kicks and going for 2 point conversions or whatever the whole second half, when the reality is they scored 10 points in the second half when they could have easily scored more. Like I said, I was for Denver, but I have no issue with anything New England did tonight. They simply dominated the game, and there has never been a rule against that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RavensShallBurn

Everyone has their own opinion on running up the score. Some people like it, some don't.

I don't.

Technically they didn't run up the score, but they were trying to. Denver forced a fumble on one of the drives. Then the Pats got down to the 2 yard line, but couldn't punch it in. They were trying to get 60+ points until about 4 minutes left.

Regardless of the whole "running up the score" debate, my main issue is that the Pats were dumb enough to keep Brady in for the entire game. That's just not the right call at all. It didn't matter because Brady didn't get injured, but if he had (which would've been hilarious), fans would have been furious and Belichick would have looked like a complete fool for a long time.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Punting on 3rd down (by a QB at that) had to've been the biggest slap in the face I've ever seen a team/coach pull...

and it was hilarious.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar