Deion interviews Pac tonight on NFL Network

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think the standard procedure is to wait for the criminal investigation finish before you start civil proceedings. It would suck to loose a civil suit, only to have the criminal investigation turn up evidence that would make a difference.

As I remember OJ's civil suit came a long time after his criminal case, although I could remember wrong.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If that's then I'm sure glad I don't work in TN (or any of the other states). Luckily in my country your employer needs a valid reason (criminal acts, poor performance, violating contract terms, etc.) to fire or otherwise punish you.

AFAIK Pacman is employed by the Titans and thus under TN labour laws and for legal purposes I think it would count as if the Titans did the suspending, not the NFL.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

It is called employment at will. And basically, it means that an employee, or employer, can terminate the employment at anytime, for any reason. Now, there are stipulations obviously if you sign a contract or something of that nature, or if the company is unionized then the employer would have to follow the guidelines in the collective bargaining agreement. And also, an employer would be stupid to fire someone for no reason, because then they get a reputation as a bad place to work. But they can do so.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I dont wanna watch bits and pieces, I wanna see the whole interview in one viewing

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

After seeing the interview on the NFL Network, I think Goodell would be making a huge mistake by suspending Pac more than 6 games. It's obvious the guy wants to be on the field, it's obvious he realizes the mistakes he's made, and pushing him away for any more than that amount of games is only gonna push him back into the wrong side of the track. I would even say the same for Chris Henry. If Henry is also willing to change and worst case seek some help, then you gotta give the guy a chance to redeem himself.

Punishing Henry or Pac by suspending them for the year would be sending the wrong message. You would be hurting the Bengals and Titans as much as Jones or Henry. I know Pac seems to want to get on the right track. It might be a case of him going as far as he could because nothing was really happening to him, but I think the threat of a year's suspension and all the other mumblings made him think twice about his current livelihood. As he said his daughter and family are what's important and football means the world to him.

Ya gotta make them pay somewhat, but not more than 4-6 games. I personally think that's more than enough.

Odell Thurman and Onterrio Smith were suspended a year because of repeatedly violating the league's susbtance abuse policy. Key word here is repeatedly.

Has Jones repeatedly violated a league policy, besides maybe conduct detrimental to the team? And in all reality, how many of the 10 incidents were truly detrimental to the team? As far as I can see, I only see players rallying behind Pac and supporting him through all this (Bulluck for example).

I truly hope the league sees it this way and doesn't make a decision that will ruin these guys for the rest of their lives

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

[​IMG][/IMG]

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

is it me or has there been more immature kids getting on lately?

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that was different
    he was in lengthy preceedings and most thought he'd get a LOOONG sentence for the events

If someone wanted to sue you, they can file at anytime (if they feel they have enough evidence to get a ruling). Just because you are already facing other charges shouldn't have bearing on your case

Supposedly, Adam assaulted several people and suggested the shooting of another (accomplice) ..... now, if Adam is charged in Vegas, it looks like it'll be for obstruction - not assault. If he actually did assault someone, they could have sued him and those processes could well be over by now (if settled out of court or not)

I'm not an attorney, but I'm pretty sure that you can file a lawsuit regardless if someone else is seeking damages

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I THINK (but cannot be certain) the law sees a civil suit whether guilty or innocent (liability) is prejudicial to criminal proceedings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar