Definition Please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Don, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

From ESPN, as it relates to the Chargers:

"Also Tuesday, outside linebacker Shawne Merriman sat out a portion of practice with a strained hamstring and inside linebacker Donnie Edwards missed another session with a balky back."

Now, I never went to medical school, but what does your back feel like when it's balky?

2. "Don't be ridiculous..."
    [​IMG]

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

balk·y ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bôk)

adj. balk·i·er, balk·i·est

Given to stopping and refusing to go on: a balky horse; a balky client.
    Difficult to operate or start: a balky switch; a balky engine.

His back must be sitting out practice? I hope something like this does not happen to one of my body parts. I could think of allot worst parts that "Difficult to operate or start" would not be good for. :banned:

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

LOL. Hadn't thought about that show in years. That pic could not be more 1980s.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

THIS is the 80's :ha:
    it was great though !
    [​IMG]

6. I was wondering just how many people would get that reference. Probably no one under about 30 understands...

7. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

I did, we had that show a few years later.... not many, though

8. Broken Record

Awesome links! Led me to this tidbit of info..

[ June 27, 2006 ] The channel formerly known as PAX-TV, which of course is now known as "i", just announced they have struck a MAJOR television deal with Warner Bros. Domestic Cable Distribution! Starting this August, they have rights to many classic TV series. They have the broadcast rights to a number of Warner Bros.' most popular television series and movies. Series include classic shows such as Welcome Back, Kotter, Chico and the Man, Scarecrow & Mrs. King, Mama's Family, Alice and Wonder Woman, and more recent hits including The Wonder Years, Growing Pains, Perfect Strangers and The Wayans Bros, among others.

9. Broken Record

They weren't Tesla, but they rocked anyway! Good ol' Cinderella. Did you see that special on VH1 about Heavy Metal? Seems like it was about 4 hours long, hosted by Dee Snider... he referenced the "W" bands, Winger, White Snake, White Lion, and Warrant (I don't think he included Wasp). hahaha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar