Defensive Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Thought I'd start a thread to talk about the defense. Here are some observations...

Did it seem like the coaches were testing the run defense tonight?
    A big weakness for us last year was adjusting to the run. It seemed like we played soft coverage and focused on run D from the playcalling. We held them to 69 yards on 32 attempts.

I'll have to re-watch, but I don't remember seeing any press man so I don't think you can really judge the DB's yet. Searcy looked good. I thought the pass coverage on a individual level stood out to me. Hopefully gameplanning will help get players in better position.

I thought we looked pretty deep on defense outside of corner. I'll wait to see we gameplan against the pass more the next few games before I judge.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they change and try the next few weeks before the season. I think we can run Tampa. I don't think they'll have the receivers to beat us in the air and I don't think many teams will run on us. We'll have to wait and see about the pass D.

Opinions?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

until they do it at noon on a September sunday It dont count...

they are a bunch of soft as ice cream 2-14 punks till proven otherwise

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'm not going to judge much of anything until the season starts.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Julio was just too good versus our zone/Cox too really judge our first time D. Chalk it up to vanilla D maybe.

Our run D looked a little better though. Of course its Atlanta...

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Our DBs haven't been able to cover anyone, and our pass rush has been non existent since Fat Al left. It seems teams get to choose how to beat us, passing all over us, or running down our throats

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Yea... on paper this D shoudln't be this bad though. I'll wait until the season to judge them. I believe in Morgan/Orakpo to get pressure on the QB thoughu. and Casey/Jones to stop the run. We'll seeeeee

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I didn't think we were that vanilla actually, we had our safeties at the line of scrimmage as well as lots of games up front. We just never got home and coverage was exposed, not just by Coty either.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I also think one of our main problems is that we don't get any push up the middle, so we end up sending a Fire or Dog blitz with the ILBs coming, then we get exposed by TE/RBs on hot routes or drop zone.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Yeah push up the middle maybe a problem if they double Casey. I think its too hard to tell with Julio cutting us up though. I'll pay attn more the next game. They definitely out called us on a third down or two when we blitzed, led to a free pickup by the TE?.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Jevoncurse

Jevoncurse Starter

Depends on time zone if they do it 2 its ok

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar