Defensive Line pressure..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

We need to start getting after the QB more. It seems like the only one getting to the QB is Klug, and with him leading the team in sacks with only 5 coming into today's game, it really speaks volumes of our pressure.

We have no inside pressure at all. All of the pressure comes from the ends, but they just can't seem to get the QB.

How do you guys rate our QB pressure?

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

What pressure?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Awful.

All you need to do is look at the deep ball to Colston in the middle of the field. If you're going to play Tampa Two you need to get pressure, because there's no way in hell you can expect the middle linebacker to be able to cover 45 yards down the field....

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

We just dont have the players up front to get it done.

We would have to rush 5 or 6 to get at the QB which leaves holes in coverage.
    I thought Gray called a great game accepting our pass rush weakness and putting more bodies in coverage.

5. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i am happy with what klug and casey have done but im not buying the pressure from outside....i saw multiple times where our ends would get some pressure and the next play get none at all...we need a playmaker--especially if we plan to run this dumb scheme of rushing 3...thats like practice for the opponents qb if he is good to just pick apart our coverage...i dont see why we continued to rush 3 and get beat everytime

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Exactly. Which is why I've been saying we need to switch to the 3-4.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah, Brees stood in the pocket all day today. There were some many times we should of had him.

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

We need a Haynesworth type big man in the middle and a bad arse DE that is a pass rush machine.

9. KelvisKblam

KelvisKblam TITANic Nerd

Definitely sub-par pressure from the edges. Where the f is Derrick Morgan? I know he's had injuries, but come on man, you're getting the PT, you're getting BIG money, make some f*ing plays!

Its a shame because now the franchise is going to have to spend another high draft pick and more boat loads of cash to try to address this lack of pressure from the outside. It would be nice to have the luxury to upgrade other spots on the roster (WR, Safety, RB) since we'd all hoped that Morgan would be our edge-rushing bell cow, but this is too big of a problem.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Victory1993

Victory1993 Rookie

I wish we had Jason Pierre Paul right now. Darn why do the giants pick the player that we always seem to need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar