DEFENSE: No attention to detail..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

id rather take average than far below average

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

dehr Schwartzie was miscast as DC. I did not like him in that role. Given time I think he will be a successful HC, I actually would not have minded if he was selected. But hes under contract and possibly too 'fished-up' to come back here at this time anyways.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Our defense was frustrated. Our defensive scheming was absolutely horrible.

No wonder Washburn left.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The third down thing, as well as the stupid offsides penalties, happened alot on Schwartz's watch as well.

Schwartz did less with more than anyone we have had before or after. He is NOT MISSED, at least not by me.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fisher fell asleep often on Wednesdays.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Based on his play this season, I really don't know if he's the best player to comment on the ineffectiveness of position coaches in teaching technique.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Haynesworth is the one that's missed. Schwartz ran the same vanilla defense we've always ran, he just had a mammoth in the middle of our DLine making the other 10 guys look like all pros. Schwartz is doing good in Detroit fo sho, but saying he did anything but call the same lousy a*s cover 2 scheme that we've always had would be a lie

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

This is part of why I want us to go outside this staff for another HC. Time to start all the way over! If we hire any of our assistants, then next year fisher will raid our staff again. New qb, new coaches, and new scheme! Especially on defense, we give up third and long, like no one else. And for the record I would not bring Hope back!

Complete blow up!

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Not sure what's more frustrating, a bad offense or a bad defense.

I'm going to go with a bad defense. It was absolutely horrible watching this defense at times this year. We started out very good, but put on blinders after the bye week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar