Dear Mr. BiPolar, Gunny, haters, etc.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Awww, I'm just a sweet, innocent, harmless little ol' Elf. I'd never horse collar a guy. But I'm pleased that you are seeing things my way:kiss: .

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

There are far too many people that would be inclined to agree with this statement.

3. The Mrs

Far too many people vs. a general manager who has been in the business for longer than I've been alive. Hmmm, hmmm, wonder who knows best?

Floyd Reese is a smart guy and he knows what he's doing. If he didn't have any faith in LaMont and felt that he sucked, he would never have given him the bonus or signed him on for another 3 years.

Just admit that YOU were wrong and LaMont is a great safety. C'mon BiPolar and Aussie Boy, I know you can do it. Just say it. Go ahead. C'mon, just say it.:brow: :kiss:

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Never has it been proven that Lamont is a great safety. His extention backs up reese's faith in him, but it certainly doesn't go any farther than that. You don't even say anything about him other than things like "he's great, one of the premier safties in the league, etc..." without analysis. If you could explain to us WHY he got the extention, other than it being because he's "great", it would be more helpful... I asked my dog three times if LT's contract would be extended, and he barked every time, turns out he was right, but it certainly didn't explain it to me...

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

here come the reality police...

Extending a contract a year or two is not that big of a deal. If he cut him he'd have to find someone of better or equal talent before the season begins. If he thought he could do that he'd cut Lamont like a little Jewish baby at a brisk. I'll admit that LaMont is a great safety when he starts turning in solid performances in every outing. He's too spotty. Spotty enough to suck a little. There were games where he completely mailed it in. In fact there were games where the entire defense mailed it in but that is beside the point... bottom line... Lamont Thompson is very average. What makes him suck is that he has it within himself to play to an above average level... approaching outstanding... he showed glimpses of this in 2004 before things fell apart completely (injury situation). I thought he would turn around the downswing he experienced in late 2004 early in the season this year...Lamont was flat this year. He made the occasional play... enough to feel the love, but dawg, it just didn't do it for me. Week in and week out he was late, grabbing folks by the backs of their shoulder pads and swinging them around and around until they fall down, arm tackling, getting run over, tripping over Andre Woolfolk in the end zone...

[​IMG]

It just never seemed to get any better...And you always knew when it was Lamont getting beat because you see those dreads whip around just as his knee pads spontaneously combusted... Lord help him if a rb broke the secondary... He's supposed to be there, and WHAP! whistle... Hell no, he's got to "get a bead on the guy"... mic him up on TV and he'll say,

Lamont #28 : hahahaha!!! keep running you fool! When you run into the white grass they will make you stop! you can't win!

Lamont has my support. If he's one of our guys that's just the way it is. He owes me though. My cheap seats run me $760 to the club each year. I'm not even factoring in the associated expenses wrapping up so much recreation around the NFL, but, that's just in tickets alone. Over the past two years he has sucked to one degree or another 1/2 to 1/3 of the time... That's being generous. By this rationale he could theoritically owe me somewhere on the order of $550-$1175 ...:greedy: ...still, I don't want my money back, or his money...I want my monies worth.

He's lacking. He had better know it. Just because his contract is getting worked and paid on doesn't mean that he can't end up on the wire or seal the deal on someone else's trade. Unless he profoundly improves, he will not be part of the long term solution of the new era of Tennessee Titans football.

I hope Lamont takes the thoughts and opinions of posters like me and uses it as personal motivation. I want to see Lamont make more plays... Impact plays... I want d's to game plan around him. That is what can make an average safety an oustanding safety. We have our doubts and for good reason. Floyd wouldn't have "faith" like you speak of in LaMont if he had the proven results of a winner in his hands. Floyd needs his faith because what he and everybody else sees with their eyes concerns them greatly.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The biggest problem with this team is that Floyd and Fish keep players around long after they have been proven to be no good.
    It isnt anything new, but we will see what Lamont does in the upcoming season, if he is still around and if he is a starter.

7. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I gotta admit, I was suprised he got the 3 year extension. I thought they might cut him.

8. The Mrs

Uncle Floydie can sometimes be swayed:brow:

9. The Mrs

Bah, whatever. But don't Lamont and Tank look SO cute in that picture!:kiss:

10. Lamont looks like a dog in that pic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar