Deal for AH today?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I'm sort of hoping for a Chiefs/Allen type situation. Let Albert dominate this season, then trade him for a couple of great picks.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Remember, a deal can't be done after tomorrow until the end of the season.

3. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

for some reason i have a feeling something might happen tonight

4. J Titan

J Titan Guest

i agree with ubiq. AH has had issues durability wise, and why not get a few picks and let someone else take the risks. then again, drafting is always a risk, but we are in need of some more talent.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

difference is the chiefs are rebuilding while we're trying to make it back to the playoffs.

6. smili

smili Starter

IMO, if we want to have a dominating D that gets us to the superbowl we've got to take the chance on Albert and the injury and motivation issues we've seen in the past. Our defense simply isn't that good without him, and the way Fisher coaches we have to win with D. AH is the make or break player that can put us over the top.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If he plays great again this season then re-sign him.

What I'm trying to say is that even though he had a great season, he's been on the team for a while. He's been hurt, suspended, and anything else. I don't trust him with a huge contract. So he has to prove he can play well again.

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

He's a Fat azzed loser. He better take that tender if he knows what's good for him, and get his lard azz into camp and EARN that contract that he's looking for, and stop leaning on his only productive season as a Pro.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

sorry, I just don't think Al is the "holy grail" of sorts
    i realize last year when he was out we sucked ****
    but that had to be some grizzly fluke
    or adjustment miscalculations

i get the feeling that as soon as he gets paid he'll relax
    if he can put it together again this year, then yeah

with the contracts tackles pulled this year it's a big risk

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I thought that we could start negotiating again once we got into the season, but I think you're right. Either way, it can get done in January, I don't really see that being a problem. He's at least said that he wants his entire career to be in TN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar