DE- Could Kevin Carter be a solution?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Not exactly jaw dropping either. My expectations for someone that wants 4 mil a yr, is more than 45 tackles/5.5 sacks per. KVB last two yrs 94/19, the less touted Travis Laboy 72/10. We could do numbers all day, but the most important number is $$$$$$$. His numbers indicate that he's performed less than KVB, but I bet he'll get more per yr than KVB. Go figure. When someone's production under values their salary, plus are begining to age, hence falls into the BUM category. He would do nothing for us here. Good locker room presence, good leader, good role......yada yada yada.. We have enough of those type players on our roster, what we need now are players that are going to contribute significantly and earn their pay check. I wasn't big when he came here the first time, and definately vote NO!

2. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Kevin Carter coming in as a DT excites me. As a DE I am lukewarm. I want Kearney as our DE to go with KVB

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I second that motion:yes:

4. I just read that his agent has spoken with the Titans. He very well might end up back here in Tennessee.

5. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

I just love fans! So far we have not had the perfect player that ALL agree we need. If your gave our fans golden ***holes they would b***h they were not platinum.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

lets hope he does. He brings a lot to the table for the Titans

7. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

The Dude is washed up, done, finito. If he has alot to bring to the table I'd like to know what it is??

We have the dough. If we can't bring someone in here who is going to be an impact player, then leave them where they are. Filling space with dead money is what we don't need. Enough of just bringing someone back b/c they are likeable, and good for the locker room. If that was the case we should have brought EG back a year ago. No one was better for the locker room, and I'm sure he could have given us 300-500 yds, and a few Tds....right?

We need to try to get Patrick Kearney at this point. He has alot left in his tank, and has something to prove. High motor, and can actually GET to the QB. And the last I looked, I don't remember any controversy surrounding him. Spend money where it will actually HELP the team, not just make people happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar