DC's Predictions for 2007-08 Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

[​IMG]

Oh Gregg oh Gregg. Where for out thou Gregg?

2. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

this year will be completely different. they are a hungry team out to prove themselves after not living up to their potential last year then throwing a pity party for themselves during the latter part of the season. they are returning 20 starters and they have jarrett now, who will definitely spread the field. The Panthers will finish better off than the Titans. For sure.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Just because people don't have the same expectations as you doesn't mean that they aren't "real" titans fans, whatever that means. I'd especially reserve calling people that who have either been on this board, or following the team, longer than you have.

It's kind of silly to be throwing out these predictions right now. Sure, it's the offseason, we're bored, so it's fine, but there's no reason anyone should say they can make definite statements about how teams will be next season. Just because the browns got two great players in round one doesn't mean their team will take a step forward this year. In fact, if they make a QB change midseason to let Quinn start, they're more likely to have an unsuccessful seaosn. Point to Vince all you want, but Quinn isn't Vince, and isn't as likely to be successful early, it's extremely rare in a QB. You mock the Panthers in the NFC, but IMHO, they play in one of the tougher divisions in the NFL. Falcons, Saints, Bucs, and Panthers are rough, they have some of the best division games in the league. There's a lot left to happen in the offseason for EVERY team. Injuries happen, people move around, at this point, no one should be mocking other people for the statements that they make about what could happen.

Feel free to argue points about the predictions, but why act like there are ANY foregone conclusions at this point?

4. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I'm not going to throw a record out there, but I will say that the Panthers are going to have a better record than us. Dwayne Jarrett will be an instant impact and take the pressure off of Smith. They also upgraded their line in the draft, while grabbing the best C propect available. They also added some much needed depth at DE and LB. Living in Carolina the past two years and watching some Panthers games, it was obvious their O-Coordinator was killing them - especially in the red zone. It seemed like Every and I mean EVERY red zone possession was a fade. That play calling cost them like 4 games last year, two of them being on Monday night against the Eagles and Bucs. They win those 4 games, they go on to the play-offs and possibly make a run like the colts did.

5. PacNasty

PacNasty Camp Fodder

Here are my picks, just for fun. Just based on the individual team and what I expect it to look like at seasons end.

NFC East
    Cowboys 10-6
    Eagles 8-8
    Giants 7-9
    Redskins 3-13

NFC North

Bears 11-5
    Vikings 9-7
    Packers 7-9
    Lions 4-12

NFC South

Saints 10-6
    Panthers 10-6
    Falcons 9-7
    Buccaneers 5-11

NFC West

Seahawks 11-5
    Rams 10-6
    49ers 8-8
    Cardinals 4-12

AFC East

Patriots 13-3
    Jets 8-8
    Dolphins 7-9
    Bills 5-11

AFC North

Bengals 12-4
    Steelers 10-6
    Ravens 9-7
    Cleveland 6-10

AFC South

Colts 11-5
    Titans 9-7
    Jaguars 8-8
    Texans 5-11

AFC West

Broncos 12-4
    Chargers 10-6
    Cheifs 8-8
    Raiders 3-13

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

4 words

Titans Super Bowl Winners!!!!

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

what have they changed besides losing Keyshawn Johnson???

8. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

And we were not a pre-season 13-3 team in 1999...

**** happens and sometimes it is good. :beer2:

9. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Yeah i think if the defense steps up, and the rookie WR's grow up fast then i think we'll have a 9-7 record maybe 10-6.

If the defense slacks and the rooks in WR and RB suck......then maybe 6-10. Im leaning more toward 9-7 or 8-8.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

:spit:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar