D'Brickashaw

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2008, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

D'Brickashaw must be related to Tony Gwynn....catch my drift?

2. Let's not assume that all "franchise" LTs turn out to actually be great. Look back at the 2002 draft. Mike Williams and Bryant McKinnie (2002) were both highly touted guys who went in the top 10 and both of them have been busts.

That's not to say that D'Brick will be a bust, but it's not like taking a top LT is any kind of guarantee for success.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

however, the ratio to boom LTs to bust LTs is higher than anything else i think.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I can't remember any tackle with Brick's credentials to not be a pro bowler.

5. I just gave you 2 of them...

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Nah, Brick would have been the number one selection last year. McKinnie and Mike Williams were both taken high, but were not considered to be can't miss prospects. McKinnie has been a consistant starter his entire career so I would consider him a very slight disappointment rather than a bust. As stated earlier, Williams is just a lazy bum that was only drafted on potential in the first place. And you know what they say about potential...

7. First of all, I don't have any reason to believe that Brick would have gone ahead of McKinnie or Williams back in 2002. Sencondly, both of them were cnsidered dominant. McKinnie even had a huge reputation as a player who had NEVER given up a sack on any level.

Now, Williams has been cut and McKinnie has been solid but nowhere near dominant (allowed 27+ sacks in the last 3 years).

8. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

goodness how could anyone ever forget tony mandarich? Judging by the predraft hype of that year I figured he would at least be in the HOF by now, and maybe even president of the United States...

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Their are no sure things and that is why trading down a spot or 2 to get extra 1st day picks is the smart thing to do if you can. We would still get a stud player that would fill an immediate need.

From an organizational/cap standpoint if we grab one of the top QBs then Mac should be cut and we should use the 9 mil in savings to get more talent. You don't need Cutler or Leinart to sit for more than 1 yr and it makes no sense to pay a QB 9mil for 1 yrs service. If VY is the choice then having him sit for 2 yrs makes more sense.

It is very rare to have a top 5 pick not see the field for 2 yrs. Although Phillip Rivers has done it, but I don't think most people feel that the Rivers/Brees situation was handled well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar