Davis vs Williams Poll

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 6, 2017.

?

Which WR Would You Rather The Titans Have

Poll closed Apr 27, 2017.
  1. Williams

22.9%
  2. Davis

77.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

I picked Davis for a few reasons..... One of the biggest reason is that he is good at what Williams is good at. Davis has great body control and fights for the ball on contested catches as well as Williams. The fact is Davis just did not have as many contested catches; because he separated.

Williams will more than likely be a decent NFL WR as well. However, I really feel Davis will provide more early in his career. He has a stronger route tree, he appears to play faster on tape, creates separation with great route running; and catches the ball well. He totally owned the DBs in his conference. He will not have that much open space around him in the NFL. At least I do not think he will. If he does he will really be something special.

I say Davis is more capable of coming in & making more of an impact right away. Williams is going to have a lot of work to do in order to learn more of the routes he is going to need. Does Williams have that desire & work ethic?? IDK..... I know that Davis is often spoken very highly of for his work ethic & competitive nature. I have not heard that kind of talk about Williams as much. It may not mean anything. However, I am still going with the guy I think can come in & impact the team the most early....That is Davis IMO.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I voted Williams. I think he put up better numbers against better competition plain and simple.

*****BUT*******

Like I've stated on many other threads, I don't want either. I want 2 defensive players in the first round. IF and offensive weapon is selected, I'd rather see OJ or Njoku.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Video matched up with electronic timer had him at 4.57 fwiw. That's much closer to an official combine

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think Davis is more polished.

I think Williams faced it everyday in practice and in games as far as competing against elite talent. I also think Williams showed me something in the championship game by continuing to take big licks and fighting through pain, not to mention coming back from neck surgery. I won't ever question that dude's toughness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar