David Price goes #1 overall in MLB Draft...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BigRed3, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/draft2007/news/story?id=2896779

David Price, left handed pitcher from Vanderbilt (and Blackman High School in Murfreesboro, TN product) went number one overall in the MLB Draft to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. I'm happy that he got picked #1, but it has to suck to be going to Tampa Bay.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

they have the draft mid season?

3. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

yeah and he could pitch as early as this season if they felt like they needed him. This guy is a stud and if given the right opportunity and time to develop will be an ACE . It doesnt really matter all that much who drafted you because of the rampant trade market but the D-rays are actually becoming a pretty good team?!

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

What about that ambidextrous pitcher I wonder if he will get picked.

I agree with SuperVince the D-Rays have a bright future.

Pitching wise you have Kazmir, and now the young up and comer Shields who looks to be a stud.

On the other side they have Crawford, Dukes, Upton to name a few and they are all young and have bright futures.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

There are a lot of good pitchers coming up now.

Homer Bailey
    Lincecum
    Hughes

And as for hitters
    Gordon - who has been terrible, but he can't be this bad.
    Braun

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Lincecum is friggin amazing, best pitcher on San Fran, the draft in the mlb is piontless to televise, because the players they draft may not ever wear the jersey or hat they hold up once there name is called..

7. baseball is the most boring sport alive... lets not talk about it here

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Baseball isn't boring but the draft is.

The only Draft I can whatch is the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar