David Nelson to become free agent

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Feb 25, 2013.

1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Good memory!

I would've talked to him if he wasn't on his damn phone the whole time. I'm sure he would've appreciated someone recognizing him, since he's completely irrelevant in the NFL. I once approached Saints TE Ernie Conwell in Franklin back when I was 16 working at Circuit City. Guy was so happy and flattered that I knew who he was, and we talked for about 10 minutes.

I sat next to Kirk Herbstreit on my flight to Phoenix (no reference to the movie) before heading to LA. Got to talk to him briefly.
  2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Hawk did good this season catching the ball. He didn't have a ton of catches, but caught most of his passes. His problem was remaining active.

He's solid depth. He completed quite a few 3rd downs for us.
  3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Indeed, Lavelle catches the football when it's thrown to him....That's more than I can say for Damian Williams. Lavelle gets too much flack, Damian Williams doesn't get enough. But hopefully both become irrelevant this year.
  4. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Mariani is better than Hawkins and Preston.

I'm anxious to see how he responds from the broken leg.
  5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

It's a pity Mariani doesn't offer anything as a HB because I honestly believe he would be good at it. He is shifty and great at reading blocks (on kick offs and punt returns) and it would give him a lot more value as a 3rd down back/ back up slot guy.
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Mariani as a 3rd down RB? Hmm, never considered that.
  7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Mariani would get broken up as a RB. Destroyed. Terrible idea.