David Givens Suing The Titans For $25 Million Dollars

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gene the PIG, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2009/9/22/1050710/breaking-news-david-givens-sues

Nashville's Channel 5 just reported that David Givens is suing the Titans for $25 million.

The suit apparently alleges that the Titans knew about the problems with his knee before he blew it out; that preventative surgery would have fixed the problem; that the team did not inform him of the problem; and that the knee injury ended his career.

If true, this is major news.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I just don't see why our FO would fail to inform Givens of this when it would have fixed the issue and had him back on the field after recovery/phys. therapy. Color me at least temporarily skeptical of this.

3. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

I misspelled dollars, sorry ... drunk.

Yeah, weird that it's all raining down on us right now. Damn, we gotta win this game!

4. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

Just another dude looking for another dollar. You'd think the player's union would have been all over this a long time ago if this were really the case.

5. If the Titans had known about an issue that could have been corrected by surgery then it would have been in the team's best interests for him to have surgery so their investment in him wasn't wasted. Junk lawsuit.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

BS, he just heard about the favre incident, knew he won't ever play again, and is tryna get some fast cash.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

if this holds true than i wouldnt be very happy.

this could make bud more resistant to resigning some big names after the season...

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Yup he is worth $3 million a catch .... right :rolleyes:

The 1/2 once of respect I still had left for this guy is gone. He was not even a solid #1. Get in line behind crabtree.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Why would the Titans know more about his medical health than he did at the time? Was he not present for the doctors visits? ...

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

hard to beleive a dude who probably works at mcdonalds now talkin bout money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar