Dave Wannstedt Fox Sunday Morning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HurrayTitans!, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Fox Sunday morning just had Dave Wannstedt pick Tennessee as the team "at .500 or below" to get to the playoffs.

First, I can't believe any pregame show actually gave some mention to Tennessee. He called mariota the hottest QB the last 5 weeks stating his 13-3 TD/INT ratio.

Second, nice to see someone has faith in this team. I'm skeptical as a fan but maybe that's a shame on me moment.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. mact3333

mact3333 Starter

90% of the experts who get paid to give opinion about football think MM is one of the best young QB's in the league and is doing great, yet 1/3rd of this fanbase think he is hot garbage...hmmm.

When you're used to losing and being disappointed, your brain has been permanently damaged to a degree.

• High Five High Five x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

In all fairness, we watch the Titans from beginning to end.

Some fans here are way overboard but when your QB has been a major contributor to your losses, it sticks out more to fans.

Were not used to having a good thing so negatives are magnified.

Keep improving.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Here is the problem. MM doesn't give you that total confidence he is going to come on and get the job done. He comes in and goes 3 and out many times. When he finally gets on a roll you start going "wow, he is going to be good", then when you let your guard down he pulls a boner and fumbles or throws a really bad INT. You want to love him, but he still has his faults. You can just about tell by the lack of enthusiasm on this board that we have mostly regulated ourselves to just waiting it out and seeing what happens. It's not hate, it's concern. Have we wasted another high pick for a QB that isn't going to be "the guy"? Not knowing is a huge burden on many of us long time Titans fans. I think we all want to know when the training wheels come off and he starts playing like a vet.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Mariota's problem is turnovers right now. Aside from that if he can continue his work at pocket passing and building off his ridiculously good red zone presence there's still a lot of room for improvement.

Make no mistake he has all the qualities of being a franchise leader cornerstone QB and those are very far and few between to find in the NFL - when you find them you don't let them go - Oakland Raiders found their guy and we need to stop nit-picking Mariota to death.

The VY, Collins, Locker, Whitehurst, Matt days are behind us - we arnt starting over so get on the bandwagon or shut up

6. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Bradshaw just picked the Titans to win as well. Not sure how to take this positive press. o_O

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Guys, we may have to start working on our trash talking skills. I was talking to some fudge packer fans this morning, and it's been so long, I'm rusty.

• LOL LOL x 3
  8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Everything is under scrutiny for a young, unproven player, especially when their mistakes are one of the biggest difference makers in the outcome of the game.

I think the Mariota criticism should cease, but also should the criticism of the staff and how they are "holding back his development".

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Need the Texans to drop a couple first and we need to win a division game that isn't the jags

10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Take Jaguars out of all your previous insults (as they're the only team I can imagine talking S to) and insert GB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar