Dave McGinnis for Defensive Coordinator !

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by twoseven, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I hope so. Unfortunately, the only place I ever hear about the crap job Schwartz id doing...is here....nothing in the media that I know of.

Individually, we have some pretty good players on defense. We can't be that bad, I would think.?.?.

I love Fisher. I would hate for him to go considering what we have to work toward / with in the future. (Young team + Vince Young,,,I beleive would be going backwards if a complete coaching staff change happened at the end of this year.)
    However, it may be time for Fisher to start feeling the heat BECAUSE of Schwartz. I would hate to see Fisher canned because of his loyalty to Schwartz.

I know! I know! "It's only preseason." It still stunk and looked WAY TOO MUCH like the last 2 regular seasons.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bravo gunny!

After 5 years and 2 pre-season games jeff fisher has finally realized something that most of us have already known?

Well pin a medal on fish one of the leagues elite coaches!

Maybe we need to leave schwartz alone and start criticising teflon jeff.

It's time to take the teflon off of coach fisher. Most posters are too cowardly to even consider the possibility that fisher is not a great coach that maybe he is just average.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thing is, we are a bunch of fans and calling for JS long time ago.

No one else has. No media, No experts, No players, No Coach, No Owner. Nothing.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

By societal standards it's true..

By the standards of our society jim schwartz is a success. He has climbed that corporate ladder so to speak and is at the level of a regional vice president. He makes 10 times what most of us do. The problem is that maybe the CEO(reese) isn't providing him with good enough personel and the president(fisher) is only average at his job.

What has jeff fisher done to improve the defense? There are a lot of people running that side of the ball. Position coaches, quality assurance guys schwartz and fisher. What is fisher's imput? He was a DC three times he also coached the secondary. Defense is his specialty; he is a buddy ryan protoge. Why would he be blameless? Defense is half a football team. Why blame the failures of half a football team on one guy? If you are going to blame one guy blame jeff fisher!

Gunny is mostly right in his comment buit the media has given fisher a hard time on occasion for the defense and when they do he always sticks up for schwartz.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i miss gregg williams

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'm not happy but I still believe in Fisher's ability to coach thru this.

Schwartz I have two words for, the second of which is off.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Do you honestly feel we have less talent on defence than most of the other NFL teams? I sure don't

You're right that Fisher should take responsibility for the poor defence. Nobody's denying that, but what good would come of firing Fisher if Schwartz remains as DC?? Therefore Schwartz has to go, and yes if this defence continues to suck and Fisher continues to protect Schwartz, they both have to go.

Btw, writing in red is really annoying, imo.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Me too.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

All this talk here is out of legitimate concern that against the Bronco's looked worse than last year.

As Soxcat said in the 'we've got a problem thread', we have plenty of talent on the D.

Our line may be short of 2 good players in order to be great. Our LB's as a unit(Sirmon included) match up well compared with other teams talent at the position. The secondary as a unit ought to be good enough to mask some of Thompsons weaknesses.So wtf?

During our rebuilding its all been pinned on the players but when we are under achieving over & over, again as Soxcat says you have to question the coaching. Other teams coaches seem to be able get better performances out of lesser talent.

Positional coaching is about technique both as individuals & as units. As regards the scheming of plays,making adjustments & player motivation skills, the blame lays squarly on Schwartz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar