Darqueze Dennard

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

What about Vincent's little brother in the second round?

1. [​IMG] Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
      Height: 6-0. Weight: 193.
      Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
      Projected Round (2013): 1-3.

2/3/14: The 2013 season opener against Alabama gave Fuller the opportunity to be extremely impressive. He was excellent versus the Crimson Tide and did a superb job of smothering Amari Cooper in man coverage. Fuller had four tackles, an interception, at least one pass batted away, some good hits and solid play on special teams.

Fuller kept up the impressive play in games against Georgia Tech and North Carolina. He had tight coverage and was superb in run defense. Tar Heels receiver Quinshad Davis beat Fuller for a touchdown on a double move, but Fuller had a pick and six tackles in the game. The senior had 24 tackles with two interceptions and 10 passes broken up in 2013. Injuries hurt him down the stretch and he missed a few games.

8/17/13: Fuller played well last year with 46 tackles, two interceptions, a forced fumble and three passes broken up. However, there were expectations for a big season and he was never really dominant.

Fuller made six starts with 32 tackles and six passes broken up as a freshman in 2010. He improved his play in 2011 and started every game. The sophomore totaled 65 tackles with two interceptions, one forced fumble, and seven passes broken up. He was a Second-Team All-ACC selection.

Fuller has some quickness to go along with his size, and could easily push his stock higher in the next year. Virginia Tech has been a factory for defensive backs, and he should enter the NFL with plus preparation. If Fuller can improve his interception totals and splash plays, his stock will rise.

Personal: Finance major. Son of Vincent and Nina Dorsey-Fuller. Older brothers include former Tennessee Titan Vincent Fuller and current Lions wide receiver Corey Fuller. Younger brother Kendall was a top recruit for Virginia Tech.
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2014CB.php

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

How about Dennard in the 2nd?

3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

We have too many young corners who may be the answer already on the roster. I love corners myslef but I think it's much more prudent to see if Coty and Wilson can hold their own this season if we lose Verner. We'll keep J-mac on the other team's #1 and see if our young pups can handle the #2. No matter how high we take a corner we're still technically in the same situation because we won't know if he can produce in the NFL until he does. I say put Wilson outside, Coty in the slot and let's see what happens. Drafting an Ace pass rusher will make life easier for every DB anyways.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I really like Sensabaugh. I think he can be a legit start. Bleedy Ray showed nothing, but I still have high hopes for him. I agree that we have bigger needs.

With that said, the undersized CB that I like is Jason Varrett from TCU. I wouldn't mind him as a 4th round or later guy.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I saw Jason Varrett mocked to the Chargers in the 1st lol.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Walter Football has him 2nd to 4th round and 10th CB on the board, so that is where I got that. I would have said 3rd round, but that doesn't seem likely for us. :)

He used to be in a lot of 1st round mocks. I think he probably too small for that, but maybe a 2nd rounder?

7. MikeJonesDrew

MikeJonesDrew Special Teams Standout

If we got him I wouldnt be mad. Dude balled out in college on one of the best defenses. I would want someone else but taking a top corner is good too. Hes tough and plays hard. We need that. I was hoping that Caseyand a 2nd round pick to St Louis is true. We could draft Clowney and Barr or Mack at 11. Talk about top pass rushers for us for years. Ayers as depth and brown inside? Theres cheap big DL in FA we could get too. Just run stoppers. That scenario prob wont happen but that would be beast.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Sounds like a good pick, maybe not at 11 but 2nd round would be nice. He's played some WR as well which is a bonus I think in a CB.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I'm not sure who started that "Casey & a 2nd rounder to STL" rumor, but there's no way it happens. Washington gave up 3 first round picks a few years ago to move up to get RGIII when STL was sitting at number 2 and Washington gave up that much just to move up from the #6 spot. We are at #11. Even if we gave them Casey, #11, and our 2nd, that still isn't enough to move that high and WAY too much to give up.

10. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Gilbert is better than Dennard. I think Dennard is about on Verrett's level with both being late 1st rounders. Gilbert is a top 10 talent and top 15 pick IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar