Daniel Graham now a Titan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

As long as the veteran isn't given the starting job simply because he is a veteran. :ha:

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Fisher is gone so I don't see that happening.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't see a reason to hate on the move but I do wonder why in high heaven anyone is real excited about the move. First of all this guy was never good enough to smell Crumpler's jock over his career (since I saw people comparing them and even thinking he could be better). Crumpler had some 700 and 800 yd recieving years (the most reception Graham had in a year was 38 almost a decade ago). This guy from a production standpoint isn't even as good as Scaife. He might be a decent blocking TE but so what? As one poster pointed out being a better blocker than Scaife applies to 80 (more like 90%) of the guys out there. Graham has zero upside because at his age he only has one direction to go. He is assurance if someone got injured but that is about it and even then I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have a guy with some potential. A three eyar deal seems a little long for him as well since he is 32.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well I got crucified for this opinion last time so might as well give it again...

I'm fine with the signing. But it angers me (and it should anger you) that every free agency its become more evident we wasted draft picks on Stevens and Cook. We could have Todd Heap or Zach Miller as well right now and that wouldn't have cost us draft picks (and maybe we'd have some better defensive starters).

Maybe Graham is just the 3rd string and barely (if ever) sees the field. But if he beats out C.Stevens for a starting spot then I called Stevens a wasted pick from day 1. Hopefully Graham is more of a "mentor".

Or maybe we are just moving J.Cook to WR full time.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Voted team captain on a Super Bowl championship team. He's being brought in for locker room leadership which this team badly needs. We didn't break the bank for him and his does have some tread left on the tires.

I don't think anybody believes this is a signing that will directly improve scoring efficiency, but it does fill some intangible needs we have.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think this "wastes" any draft picks. Cook is asked to do unique things and will continue to be used much differently than Stevens or Graham. The Titans need three TEs. Graham may end up only coming in on short yardage/red zone.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Hopefully cook will be used period. There are plenty of TEs out there that can get 30 catches a year without us giving up a 2nd round draft pick to get them. imo, a 2nd rounder is a lot to use for a TE. We should get better production for it. Maybe this is the "breakout" year like a lot are wishing.

Stevens is about to start his 4th year so there is really no excuse for him not to be the starter, or at least the blocking TE starter. Last year Heimi considered him the "key" to the offense. Well, last year we had worse blocking and a worse run game so that's a pretty big letdown.

I expect more from the position given everything we have invested in it.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is a good signing. Graham reminds me of the 2008 Crumpler. And with Cook out wide for a TE, Graham will see play time as a traditional TE. We now have some quality TE's who I could see all playing at the same time.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

As I said before, our short yardage/goal line blocking just improved. Why are we questioning having 3 TE's? Most teams have at least 3.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Call me crazy but don't rule out the undrafted FA guy we got from Lousivlle. I had a buddy call and congratulate me on that signing and told me to go watch his highlight video on youtube. He reminds me of a slower, better blocking Jared Cook.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NBrSNvBuZh4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar