Dan Koppen visiting Titans this week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

Why he is overrated. He's about as good as Brewster who is only known because he played a long time at a good program. The C class is super weak even Konz has questions about his durability and strength.

I'd take Blake or wait until later and grab someone like Saulsberry or Vlachos. O-line is one area I have faith this team will grab a good player though regardless of the round even with the recent misses of Harris and Amano if you can really call them that since they weren't high picks.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

setting Amanos lifeless body at C would be an improvement over Amano. At least by the second half of the season he would actually stink enough to affect the pass rush, well on noon starts anyways.

3. patitansfan10

Agreed but I still don't like Jones. I like Blake and Saulsberry the most and they can be had later.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Looks like this one isn't happening.

Would have by now.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think we will wait until after the draft to make a move at center. If we pick up a guy that we really feel good about then no need to hit the FA market, but if things don't go our way then we will be ready to immediately sign one of the available vets.

I could easily see us trading down in the 1st and then picking Konz or trading back into the 1st or early 2nd to grab him.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm thinking our first two picks are BPA, then use our 3rd or 4th pick on Philip Blake from Baylor.

The Center group is average and the best center may not even play center. Peter Konz is smart, but the guy is going to need help early. I've been seeing him maybe becoming a guard early on Eugene Amano style.

7. patitansfan10

His durability concerns me the most followed by his strength. Strength can be improved and he seems to have more than enough game strength even though he hasn't a mauler. We use a zone blocking scheme so strength isn't the most vital attribute but durability can't be taught some guys either have it or they don't. It's like Mouton he will never be healthy. I hope Konz can stay healthy but it is something he struggles with in college.

I like Blake and Saulsberry as far as centers go. Molk would be ok too but Jones is on the ground too much, and Brewster is average and looked like a scrub against Still.

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Amano is worse than any person being named and he makes 4.66 million this year. I know the CJ complaints and I know he didnt play well this year but, he has been great in the past. Amano is the worst center in the nfl and we made him a multi-millionaire just like Bo scaife.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah that franchising of BS was well ... BS!

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Well, just saw the twitter feed say that Tom Brady will be happy that per sources Koppen is re-signing with Pats. We need a veteran center bad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar