D vs O

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Now that we've overhauled the D, what can we do for the O?
    We've got a new center with some leadership, I hope.
    A new WR in Givens.
    Guess the question is around the QB, or the furture of the QB.
    With things standing as they are, with all these new FAs coming in, where's our weakness now? My instincts are saying it's still the OL. With Sirmon wanting out, could it be MLB?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i still have no faith in our running game.

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

After last year I can see how you would not have any faith in our Running game. I on the other hand blame the lack of running game on our Defense. they were giving up so many points at times, that we had to abandon it early. Plus with Henry being out 4 games, and Brown being banged up behind that weak line I can see where it went wrong. I just hope things are different next year.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

MLB and OL. I can't decide if we need a mauling guard or a tackle more.

You know, if Sirmon leaves, they might be willing to try Rob Reynolds in the middle.

5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I think its definately the LB position. I hope that we get a good young, athletic MLB in the draft. I would say sign a veteran to helm the MLB spot... but im kinda nervous about our signings. Im just hoping that we dont end up in salary cap hell like we did last season.

6. metal957

metal957 Starter

We trade Sirmon for a third and draft either D'Qwell Jackson or Abdul Hodge.

Easy as that.

7. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Trades do require a trading partner.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We took some steps to improve our Oline with releasing hopkins and signing mawae, but I agree that it's still the place where we need the most improvement. I hope we go QB with #3, whichever QB it is, and then get the best lineman available with our round two pick. The rest will be just backups with BPA.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think we need major work on the LB position at this point. If we let sirmon go, maybe find someone to replace him, though I'm tempted to say just don't let him go. Either way, we use so much nickel, and now have solid OLBs, so I don't think we should use our 2nd rounder on it unless there's someone who's clearly a MLB and most of the O linemen go fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar