D-Line was like pow!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aday25, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I'm not going to try and get too excited because of a win...but this game was a big win for our road to the playoffs. If we can come out next week and dominate the Jags and get a divisional win I'll feel a whole lot better...

I knew our D-line was going to be good this year but man I didn't see them being this good. They're special when it come to pass rushing. I thought we weren't going to get to Tony Romo as much as we did only because he's been getting the pass out more quickly this season. And though they didn't have as many sacks in the second half they cause that INT down near the goal line and continually put pressure on Romo. I think this D-line makes our secondary better. If we can continue to get pressure like that for the rest of the season we'll have a real shot at the playoffs. We all know what happens when Manning gets knocked around, its like a bad version of that kids movie "Happyfeet."

But despite our D-line play our secondary's play was very spotty and needs work...What do we need to do differently to improve our defensive (especially secondary)?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Fire Chuck Cecil and hire Pacman 4 HOF.

I don't think you can give the secondary too hard of a time...Give Dallas's WR's credit, they are good, I don't know if it gets much better than that in the NFL.. atleast on paper.

4. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I did think that the secondary played really well especially when they had to win the game for us. They bent all game but in the last few Cowboy possession they shut them down and got INTs...I take 3 INT even if the opposing QB passes 400. But we still need improvement, I didn't like the score so close.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We are great on the road this season. AFC South > NFC East

6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

I would keep cecil if I were in charge. I would just boot fish and heimer and assume both of their jobs

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

As bad as we can be on defense as a whole, this is the defense I've been looking for since Jeff Fisher came on board and buddy Ryan left. I think it's a superbowl Defense. They plan to win.The D-line is exceptional.

8. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

I t was classic bend but don't break defense. They had a few gaffes in the running lanes (especially on the edges, but Jones is quick as hell) if you look at it, other than Whitten being wide open on that one TD, and the incredible catch and run by Austin, Dallas did a lot of bubble screens, throws in the flat where run after catch hurt us a little, and slants, all very difficult plays to defense. The line played lights out almost the entire game, and the secondary was going against some of the best receivers (as a group) that they are going to face. I thought the middle of the D was a bit lackluster, until they stepped up had to make a few big plays during those last couple of Dallas drives.

Finny looked off, Griffin misjudged that ball to Austin, but otherwise played lights out and made an awesome play in the end zone with the pick, Verner looks like he is going to be an incredible player (so of course Fish will put McCourtney back in when he has healed up), Hope seemed somewhat invisible though. Ball, Babin, Jones, and Brown are playing out their minds, Albert WHO ? The linebackers are a bit of a mystery at times though...

Like someone else said, I don't mind giving up 400+ yards (69 of it on one play), when the D holds them to field goals, or when we manage to take the ball away 3 times and we can get some quality sacks and limit the rushing yards... That's a fairly good trade off !

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The only concern I have is that our DL production diminshes in the 2nd half. 5 sacks in the 1st half, 1 in the 2nd. I don't know if they get tired or what it is, but I'd love to see them keeping the production up throughout the game.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Our defense is good enough to allow us to beat anybody. With a wild and aggressive rush like we have your gonna give up some plays sometimes, but the upside is it causes turnovers and just disrupts offenses. Can't wait to see Manning get hit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar