D.J. Hackett signs with Carolina

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i woulda really singed hackett for 3.5M....i think we shoulda pursued him if he was that cheap. i cant belive we didnt get either hackett or johnson....both came for very reasonable prices....

i would probably prefer either of those two over j-mac

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Or either Vince needs to start throwing bricks at 'em.....

No doubt. What is up with that brick catching drill anyway? I mean- it's not like we developed a batch of pro-bowl receivers using it.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Well that whole brick thing worked for Steve Smith... so it had to either be the bricks or Steve. We tried the bricks with no luck - maybe Graves will bring in Smith now :)

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

It's Jerry Rice's drill. So, it didn't develop 5 Pro Bowlers but it did help the best WR in NFL history. :ha:

5. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

well there it is, gone....we need to sign someone, or draft wr first round. end of story. anyone know what ever happened to jonathan orr.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Did you ever question the talent at WR. BJ just flat out can't catch in games idk if he does in practice but he can't in games sorry bye bye.

Roydell is a #3 WR on basically every other team and a decent #2 WR at best. He doesn't have any standout quality that seperates him.

Gage is the only WR I have a fair amount of confidence in. He is a bigger WR who is physical and has reliable hands. Developed some nice chemistry with Vince.

The rest are basically whatever they can come and go as far as I'm concerned although I have some hope for Chris Davis to be a Mase type guy.

We have a bunch of 3-6 round WR's thats the problem. Not that WR's from those rounds are bad but we haven't found one yet thats been a difference maker.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Wait, does this mean Reinfeldt sucks again? I'm confused.

8. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

this means reinfeldt never stopped sucking lol

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

The fact that Hacket signed with a team fairly stocked at WR that already has Steve Smith, Muhammed, Dwayne Jarret and Travis Taylor means we clearly didn't offer him any contract. He might not even crack the top 3 on that squad. Kinda confusing at first but MR knows the guy from Seattle and clearly didn't think he was a fit for what we are trying to do. Seems like most teams felt that way. I trust MR. Something must be wrong with this guy to garner such little interest.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What are you talking about? WE know more than any Titan GM. Sheesh, didn't you get the memo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar