D.J. Fluker for RG?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

That's what I was noting on. I just didnt fully write out my thoughts haha. My bad.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Watching him on tape i'm more convinced that Fluker is the 3rd best OG in the draft after Warmack and Warfard. He can be a dominant force at RG. And perhaps at RT. Also at LG is the need should arise i'm not sure what more you could want with the 39th pick. He likes dominating people up to and a little after the whistle. He represents exactly the kind of attitude this team needs.

Watching Osemele for the Ravens at LG in the playoffs he was a real solid guy for them. His play at RT was not bad at all but they had to move Other to the right side and Osemele found a home at LG.

Fluker and Osemele almost physically identical and Osemele made the switch to guard with ease.

http://amestrib.com/sections/sports...er-cyclone-osemele-paved-path-super-bowl.html

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If he's available in Rd 2, I think it'll come down between Fluker, Matt Elam, Barrett Jones, and Larry Warford. I see the Titans going DT or CB with their first.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think Warford will be gone in the first rd. I have some issues with Elam's size.

A major issue with Barrett Jones is where he would play. He was a first team all american and outland winner at LT and perhaps somebody would try him there but he is considered mainly a center prospect and we will have Amano and Velasco to battle for that spot.

I think Fluker is a more physically dominant guy and i would take him over Jones.

I think 3 inside players are off the board when we pick at 39. Warmack, Cooper and Warford. That makes Fluker that much more valuable.

We also have the issue of Stewart coming off the broken leg and a RT would be nice to have.

I'm probably wasting my time because Fluker will be off the board in the first rd. Kiper has him as the #1 RT. Because he already had his degree he could have played in the senior bowl but didn't because of injury. All he did was weigh in at 335.

I think we would be nuts not to draft him at 39 if he is there regardless of how we draft in the first rd.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Watched the Georgia game on the youtube app on my ps3. Gives you full screen videos.

Georgia played big most of the game with Geathers at NT and Jenkins at LE in their 3-4 set. Fluker dominated the 350 lb Jenkins like nobody i have ever seen. This is the top NT prospect in this coming draft! Watch the highlights most of the big runs came right off big # 76.

Watching the Georgia game i think he is worth the 10th pick also.

Watch the winning TD pass to cooper and ask yourself how Mccarron had the time to play action and then throw deep. Fluker's block on Jarvis Jones. Jones never came close! Fluker stoned Jenkins at the los on Coopers other long pass in the first half.

He intimidated the Georgia defenders on that side.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Does he make it to the second round?

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

And if you watch Alabama's game against Western Kentucky he would look like a 3rd round pick. Fluker is a good player but he is the (at best) 4th best offensive tackle is this draft. Personally, I do not think that he will stick at OT in the long run.

That being said as a RG he would be an amazing player that any team would be happy to have but he would have to be a transcendent talent to even consider at number 10.

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Honestly..how can playing right guard be that much different than playing right tackle? The only thing that's different is that you're not on an island in pass blocking situations and you might have to pull every once in a while...For the most part, all you're doing is blocking the guys assigned to you...it's probably the easiest position change in all of football.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The biggest difference to me would be that instead of blocking smaller guys lined up to your outside you are blocking bigger guys inside.

Against Georgia he was blocking a 350 lb guy on most run plays. A quality 350 lb guy lined up in front of him.

On the 41 yard Lacy TD run he went and got one of the inside linebackers and knocked him out of the running lane.

One Yeldon TD run on the inside he reached out and got in front of Jenkins and was walling him off from behind and kept him from making the tackle. That was an amazing play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

You're right, but look at the guys we're talking about moving to RG. David Stewart is 6-7 315, and Fluker is 6-6 335....With all that size I'm sure one of them could handle the big boys on the inside rather than the athletic monsters on the outside...Like I've said before, this is arguable, but Stewart was the worst player on our o-line this season. He just looked like he's lost a step, and it doesn't help that the DE's are getting faster. Hopefully this was just because he was playing through an injury, but if he continues to struggle like that I don't know why we wouldn't entertain the idea of moving him over a spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar