D.J. Fluker for RG?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Watching Fluker as a run blocker in the Michigan game and i watched every play he will dominate early but the faster quicker defenders will disengage from him. He still perhaps won the exchange but i think he would actually be better blocking bigger slower people inside.

When he is not zone blocking but trapping(They did not do this often) or blocking down he is devastating which again makes me think he could dominate as a guard. He would be great against 3-4 teams where he can help out with the NT and then slide off and get a linebacker or somebody else. He would give us a much better chance at containing JJ Watt. He is a wrecking machine who loves delivering that first blow.

All blockers will struggle against elite outside pass rushers.

FYI the Michigan game is a good one to watch for any of the Bama o-linemen. Just about all the michigan front 7 are 4 and 5 star recruits.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

On the Ot discussion titan Jeff said he would draft a LT with the 10th pick and play him at RT while moving Stewart to RG.

I disagree with that because Roos and Stewart are the best linemen we have and grade out solid every year especially in pass protection. Why change them? Upgrade the rest of the o-line.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How is our position at OT tenuous? The same 2 guys will start that have been starting since 2006.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Kelechi Osemele is the current left guard for the Ravens. At Iowa st. he played left tackle. As a rookie last year he played right tackle.

This year he is a left guard and will likely stay there because he is playing well. 3 positions in 3 years he must really be confused eh?

Osemele was the 60th pick in last years draft. Physically similar to Fluker but Fluker is an even higher rated player. So what is the problem?

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I like watching the bama/lsu game to eval the bama OL. LSU has a bunch of studs up front on defense too.

Ideally if you could draft a guy that can play G/C and another that could play G/T that would be the best. That is why I think resigning Velasco is so important to give us the flexibility in the draft.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I tend to agree with you RollTide, and whats better than an offensive lineman that can play both guard spots and RT? That's some solid depth incase of injury.

I'd love being able to pickup Star Lotulelei in the 1st, Fluker in the 2nd. Then sign a FA OG and SS.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Velasco is a restricted fa and we will tender him for sure and should try to sign him longer term.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Fluker has a huge 87 inch wing span. 36 3/8 arm length. 355 lbs 6'5.

Huge. Looks like a possible tackle for sure.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I've been using the FA list from KFFL and it has Velasco as an UFA. Glad to learn that he is a RFA. Funny thing is that when I went to look it up on rotoworld they had a blurb from August talking about how Velasco was going to be our new center since Amano got hurt and then went on to say that he couldn't do any worse than Amano because Amano was the worst center in the NFL for the 2011 season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar