Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Cutting the Cord to Cable

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Ewker, Jul 3, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,000
    I figure we will try out the free trials on Hulu, Netflix and Amazon and see how it works before cutting the cord. Then again I could drop cable TV then go back a day later as a new customer and get a better deal
  2. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,655
    Not a lot of people realize that you can get all the major networks in HD completely for free with a cheap antenna (as long as you live close enough to where they broadcast).
    Ewker high fives this.
  3. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,126
    Netflix is the way to go.

Only thing Hulu Plus has that Netflix doesn't is current episodes, but their selection sucks. You can often get the current episodes on Hulu for free on the computer anyways.
  4. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,000

I did find this site which will help you see what is out there

http://www.antennaweb.org/Address.aspx

I would prefer to watch current TV episodes not something that aired 3 yrs ago that may not even be on TV now
  5. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,609
    I have my TV, internet, and home phone line all bundled with 1 company for $100/month, so I just pay that cause I have a job.
  6. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,242
    I came very close to cutting the cord last year. The main thing that kept me from doing so was, of course, Titans football. I didn't want to have to go to a bar or friends house for every game. Really, other than football and HBO/Showtime original series I can get access to most everything I care about from Hulu/Amazon/etc. My DirecTV contract is up in December so I'm going to re-evaluate everything then.

I'm paying about $100/month right now and we only watch maybe 20 channels. Cable/Satellite providers are eventually going to have to offer a la carte options. More and more people are just fine streaming these days. And it's becoming increasingly difficult to justify the high monthly costs when Hulu/Netflix/etc. offer so much better bang for your buck.
    GoT high fives this.
  7. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,242
    What company? And what kind of internet service? That's a damn good deal. I pay $100 for DirecTV and another $50 for my internet service. I haven't had a landline in years. Everyone I know just calls my cell so the landline became nothing but a way for telemarketers to bother me.
  8. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,537
    I pay 40 now for internet and local stations.

I hate watching sports at home. Boring. Is much more fun to watch it with friends at a restaurant/bar. Plus.. here, I only get 1 or 2 titans games per year, and zero Preds games. So completely not worth it. And Sunday ticket is DEFINITELY not worth all the money.
  9. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,609
    Sometimes, but not if youre trying to see every play.
    GoT and nbtoppers2 high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $140
    Just can't do it guys. My Cable/Internet is my #1 form of entertainment. I personally have U-Verse which is cheaper than regular cable, and the internet never goes down. Not cheap though, but it saves on taking my wife out to eat or going to movies in the theater
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.