Cutting Our Cable!

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Aqutis30, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Just switched from Charter to Directv. Already saving $100 a month.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I threw the Directv installer $45 and some leftover KFC for lunch when he was servicing my neighbor's house. Installed a dish and gave me a DVR box.

Costs me $0 per month.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Haven't you seen the Simpsons? You're going to hell for sure.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I much preferred DirecTV to any cable provider I've ever had. But after that promotional period ends... ouch.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Switch back and forth every 12 months...

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Fry

[​IMG]

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Those donuts, though...

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I built a Raspberry Pi 3 box and installed RetroPie and KODI 16 - I can stream all the movies, music, live tv, sports, anything from it and with RetroPie, I can play any retro gaming console with the addition of a $10 USB controller on Amazon.

I started selling these to my friends and its sort of went viral - people will tell their family and they'll ask me to build them one - its pretty crazy, I've been inundated with orders and I had to hire a friend just to keep up with demand.

I've since started selling on eBay. Its unreal - cable companies will be a thing of the past in 10 years. Everything will be streamed.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Try living in a rural area, where your options are satellite (which just plain suPks...say that from experience), 500Kbps DSL (which we have in the house) or wireless Verizon service (15 GB monthly data cap, which I have for the home office). You city folk don't know data caps or internet service restriction LOL....

That video posted by @Razorbacks is encouraging though....maybe by the time I retire (or die) it will make it out into my area.

10. Fry

I was using ATT DSL for years until this March when I moved. Broadband is so nice, but it is painfully obvious they throttle my access every night at 11pm on the dot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar