Cuts/Waives - Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tennessee, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

Just if you see someone interresting or a player whom you think the Titans should/could be looking at possibly bringing in ...

For example I saw that Carolina released OL Albert Toeaina, formerly of UT... he went undrafted this year, but I thought I remembered some good things out of him.

http://sportsline.com/nfl/transactions

He is listed as 6'6'' 350 lbs OT.... I wonder if Carolina tried him at G... all I know is after reviewing the tape of Saturday night, Pillar was dreadful. I know you can't replace Pillar with an undrafted rookie, but perhaps one could move in behind Jacob Bell while he takes Pillar's spot...

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'd rather try Toe than Douglas. I thought he was better in college.

3. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

4. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

"Gibson, drafted 27th overall in 1999 by Detroit, was out of football for two years before signing with the Bills in April. The 6-foot-6, 375-pound guard showed little progress in practice."

The guy is massive, but I don't remember much about him... article said he was trying to resurect his career after taking time off... I imagine recovering game stamina at his body weight will be his biggest problem.

5. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

What are your opinions on the Titans Roster cuts this week... The limit is Down to 75 I believe...

From what I can tell the Titans are at 87 Players including Collins... That means at least 12 Cuts...

Anybody wanna make a guess? One spot to obviously get thinner QB, who goes, Hodges or Mauck.... or dare I say - trade Volek

How do injuries figure into those decisions? (i.e. Long, Jones, Waddell, other less serious injuries, etc.)

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

dont be shocked if they both get the axe
    long is on IR, so he wont go against the 53 man roster. jones has been active during the practices and i think one or two games, so he cant be put on the PUP list. waddell is on the PUP list so he doesnt go against the 53 man roster.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I wonder if Dallas may waive Montavious Stanley due to the #'s game. He could be a run stuffing DT possability.

8. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

That would be outstanding... He still sits third on their depth chart though in a 3-4 scheme.... I doubt they'd give up on him, but I'd be definately interrested if they did and I were the Titans... which I'm not.

9. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

Arizona waived QB Rohan Davey... whom I would have liked b/f Collins signed.

Texans waive LB Barrett Green, Chiefs waive WR Craphonso Thorpe, Seahawks - FB Ran Carthon

I know none of these guys actually fill a need right now, well except fpr B. Green who actually Looked promising before his stint with the Giants.

10. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

San Diego Releases/Waives QB A.J. Feely... Leaving them with Rivers, Whitehurst, and Brett Elliott as depth..... any chance of a Volek to Chargers for Donnie Edwards?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar