Cut CJ for next year or keep 'em?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pacman 4 HoF, Dec 20, 2011.

?
  1. keep him for the 2012-2013 season

63 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. cut em, save the money

22 vote(s)
    25.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

^^ I say wait until next year when the line issues are resolved.

CJ won us some games this year too.

Compare ADP's stats this year to CJ's.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CJ is going nowhere, but that dont excuse his pedestrian play in 2011 - Im talking the season in whole not the odd game or play.

CJ made a heads up play at the end of the tarpkitty game that esentially sealed the game but taking the game as a whole and I am not impressed.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Look if the Titans are unwilling to change the style of offense they run I say we try to trade CJ or, as a last resort, cut him to save the cap space.

I've said it over and over the Titans whole philosophy in the running game is totally wrong for a special RB like CJ. Never in my memory has a RB come into the league with his kind of speed; that is totally unique. However with that speed comes an obvious lack of size. Again CJ is a unique kind of RB and I think the running scheme should reflect that. Running a fast guy who is 190 pounds soaking wet between the tackles over and over like he's friggin' Michael Turner is just stupid and will shorten his longevity and effectivness.

If the Titans adapted a running offense similar to the Eagles/Lions then I say we keep him because it would best utilize his unique skills. Run draws/stretch plays/screens anything to get him in space and on the edges quickly.

If we keep the same scheme then lets trade him, save a ton of money, and draft some bigger backs.

I think getting like a 2nd round pick this year and a conditional 3rd rounder for next year is a reasonable assumption.

4. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Jeeez! Now thats bad!

5. gran54

gran54 Starter

Interior o line was weak this year. Neither Harper or Ringer did any better, but CJ didn't run as hard as he could have at times IMO. Need some interior help and to get back to our basic one cut zone like we did a lot of in 2009 and 2010.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

-Improve OL
    -Entire off season workout
    -Full training camp

If he doesn't do better next season, then maybe...

7. Fishman35

Fishman35 Starter

I think we need to get the O line to make some holes, remind CJ that he is go North and to stop stopping to do the Cha-Cha when he reaches the defense. He needs to watch film from last year and see where he went wrong this year, A LOT of film.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wow...Brett Kern could do a better job than that.

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

From John Glennon's twitter:

10. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Talk is cheap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar