Cut CJ for next year or keep 'em?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pacman 4 HoF, Dec 20, 2011.

?
  1. keep him for the 2012-2013 season

63 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. cut em, save the money

22 vote(s)
    25.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Forte is an idiot if he did not have an insurance policy guarding his career earning potnetial

2. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Last I remember, a 190 pound back running up the middle against 300 pound lineman isn't smart scheming......especially when you already know it's coming.

Dude broke an all-time record and PLAYED THE NEXT YEAR.......could of have the same thing happened to him as what just happened against Forte.

FYI, runningbacks get their ypc from one or two big runs.

Lmao for poo and giggles, go look at Forte's numbers rushing.......:banned:

3. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

you people are just cj nut swingers and dont realize that rb are so easy to replace...you give me jeff demps or h3ll even lemichael james(sp) from oregon and you have cj all over...cj lost his step and is scared and doesnt care anymore cause he got his payday...ask the pats how their rb are doing for them...no name players that get he job done....5x's as good as cj

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Except there is one little difference between us and the Patriots.....Tom Brady. As much as I can't stand the guy he is a definite HOFer, something we don't have at QB. If your QB is that good he can make up for not having an elite back.

5. munie

munie Starter

[ame]http://youtu.be/eUbIBiQgN2Y[/ame]

How about we improve the offensive line? You can talk about finding a better RB but no one is getting success with guys like Amano getting pushed back 6 yards every play.

6. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

how bout we could do both along with surrounding locker with better pieces too....thats what i've been trying to say...

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

How about we find a power back to compliment CJ instead of starting over at the RB position?

If any back will do, let's cut CJ and start Ringer :rolleyes:

Edit: Better yet. I'll get off my a** and go make millions next year for you guys.

8. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

This i do not agree with. If speed is all there is to it why is CJ spiller not dominating like CJ did?? Why dont teams just draft the fastest RBs in the draft every year then???

Good running backs are not very hard to find but saying you can just go get another CJ with a snap of the fingers is just stupid.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

The real concern I have about CJ coming into next season isn't his loss of speed (which was inevitable due to carries). The concern i have is his vision, which has been hit or miss this season. CJ has been far too timid behind the LOS and has missed holes.

Stabilizing the o-line should help, but i think it is something to keep an eye on.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

2011 CJ is easily replaceable, and arugable should have been replaced.

If in imaginary world you still have 2009 CJ running around then thats all well and good but it dont help the Titans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar