Current NFL QB Jake Locker comparisons

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by EdRomeo, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Simple question:
    Which current NFL QB/s does Jake Locker remind you of and more importantly why?

(I'm thinking from a physical skillset stand point/or style of play but it can be for whatever reason)

The reason for the comparison is what fuels a discussion.
    So don't forget the why.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sadly Kyle Boller. All the potential in the world, but if coaching aint there, he'll never develop. I'm not an NFL QB, but Jake reminds me a lot of myself, which for me, is a great thing.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

A mobile Matt Cassel.

4. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Kyle Boller isn't the first QB with "all the potential in the world".

Why does Locker remind you of Boller as opposed to any of the other QBs with similar profiles to Boller or "all the potential in the world"?

5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Donovan McNabb

edit......or Brett Favre

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well for me picking Jake up at 8 was a bit too early, I had him ranked as my best QB, but overall he was in the early twenty's, similar to Boller. And like Boller, he's not coming into the best place to play QB. Both have similar build, similar speed, both west coast guys...

If you're looking for the next guy i compare him to, it's Favre. But if you want that running QB thing thrown in, add McNabb to the mix.

Locker is really a mix of all those names, so far. Hopefully he's not reckless with the ball the way Favre was.

7. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Locker, similar to McNabb and Favre are extremely athletic playmakers with shotgun arms (not rifle, shotgun). They'll spray it around and force a few bad passes, but all in all they get the job done. Like Favre and early McNabb, No Fear.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'd like to see Locker play a few downs in the NFL first. Seriously - and soon.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

You lost me, other then their speed (I think Locker is more put together then Boller) I don't see the comparison.

I think Locker is coming into a good situation to play QB.
    And I don't see how your opinion that Locker got drafted too early equates to a Boller comparison.

BTW-Did you write this:

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

:ha: Oh no, JCBRAVE, you may have lost the election with the evidence he just presented lol j/k..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar