Current list of FA's with whom The Titans might "update their files"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Davin Joseph, G, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Barry Cofield, DT, New York Giants
    Braylon Edwards, WR, New York Jets
    Donavon McNabb QB, Washington
    DeAndre McDaniel SS Free Agency and Jeron Johnson, SS, Boise State, let them 2 and Rolle and Johnson fight it out for the starting spot. I dont like any other Safeties.
    Resign Tulloch and add Mark Herzlich OLB.

That would do me.

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Just carrying 2 TE's isn't going to be enough going into the season. We've traditionally carried 4 and last year we had 3. We'll need to sign at least one more, if for no other reason as injury insurance. Zack Miller would be amazing but I don't know if they'd want to spend that much.

I say we need to sign at least 1 good lineman and it depends on where JJ is going to play. If he's going to stay at DT then I say we sign a DE. If he moves outside then we sign a DT, which I think is the better idea of the 2.

Not enough talent at safety out there to spend as much as they're going to command.

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

DeAndre would be a great pickup for us. He had a domestic issue with his g/f and that dropped him off most teams radars during the draft. He was at one time a projected 2nd round pick.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Just because I say a gimpy Tony Brown is worse than Marks, I don't know what I'm talking about? Chile please! I said a GIMPY Tony Brown, and WTF does me being from TX have to do with anything? Just because I'm from TX I don't know what goes on with my favorite team? Sounds like you just don't like people from TX liking your Tennessee Titans.

I have watched every snap of every game the last 5 years so I pay plenty good attention and that's why I say that we need to forget about Tony and Jovan. How does that not make sense?

And if you know what this team needs and where we need to upgrade then please I'd love to hear it. Get off your sister/wife and put the moonshine down Cletus.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we got Davin Joseph, it would be a miracle.

6. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Hahaha, I do enjoy moonshine about 3 times a year so I guess you got me dead to rights on that one. I'm sure they wouldn't know a thing about moonshine in the bustling metropolis that is Lubbock, TX!

I have no problem whatsoever with people (including yourself) from Texas liking the Titans. Given that your teams are the Cowboys and the Texans I would actually recommend it... My girlfriend is originally from New York for Christ's sake and she bleeds Titan blue. She also happens to not be related to me, although that is just a coincidence :brow:

I agree that Jovan Haye should go, like just about everyone else. Yes, Tony Brown struggled with injury last year, but let's not forget Sen'Derrick Marks has had both ankle and knee problems that have put him on the bench as well. It is just a lot less noticeable when he is off of the field because he is such a non-factor when he is on it. Additionally, Tony had arthroscopic surgery to get his knee cleaned out.

I was actually pumped when we drafted Question Marks and rooted for him for a long time because I have a lot of friends who went to Auburn who said to expect big things from him. Considering he was a second round pick and had the privilege of learning under Washburn, I would consider his performance up to this point to be a certain dissapointment, and not nearly worthy of cutting Tony Brown to make room for him. It's not like we are sittin plush with a royal flush as far as DT goes. I am through the roof excited for Casey, but let's not start cutting solid players before we see him play a single practice down.

Sincerely Yours,

Cletus Q. Tinkledink

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am not sure why everyone wants Tully gone.

Yea he is not so great in pass coverage but who do we have that is better? We don't need to get rid of him until we have a suitable replacement.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

His agent is a shark, he's not worth more than $2M a season IMO. He tackles Maurice Jones-Drew well, that's about it, and even in doing so we still lose to them once a year for no good reason.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

But you missed my whole point of signing Mebane, then cutting either Brown or Haye. That's why I didn't understand why you said I didn't know what I was talking about.

I'd personally like to see J. Jones, Casey, Mebane, Brown and Marks at DT. Unless there are also some other DTs available that I didn't know about.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Let's just field 10 on D and give CJ the extra 2 Mil.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar