Current list of FA's with whom The Titans might "update their files"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think Sims-Walker or Malcolm Floyd needs to be here for three reasons...

1) To help develop Jake Locker
    2) Britt insurance (as they mentioned)
    3) They are solid WR's

Let go of Hope, Harris, and Babin.

Resign Tulloch and add a FA OLB.

I really want Zach Miller for some reason. Maybe it's because I still don't trust Cook quite yet.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ugh. Tired of having fat slow guys ruining Cook's chances.

We finally got rid of Fisher, so we actually have a chance to see these young guys flourish now that the handcuffs are off. Let's not ruin that by playing someone "safe".

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Your definition of someone "safe" is a guy who has 226 catches and over 2,700 yards in four years playing with one of the worst passing offenses in the league? I think Zach Miller would be a great addition, he's a complete TE.

Just move Cook to WR before he gets Jake Locker or Chris Johnson killed attempting to block a blitzing nickelback like last year against the Colts.

• High Five High Five x 5
  4. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Eric Weddle, Michael Huff, Malcolm Floyd would make me happy.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd like to see us try and sign either Eric Weddle or Michael Huff to replace Hope. I'd also like to see us cut Tony Brown or Jovan Haye and sign Brandon Mebane.

Kenny is a stupid stud who might be out the first 4 games so we should sign Santana Moss or Santonio Holmes. Zach Miller would be a nice addition too but I think that the coaches are probably ok with Stevens and Cook.

The LB pool is about as shallow as it gets so I'm not sure what direction to go in there. Cortland is in the final year of his deal so maybe we should even look at signing a CB. Josh Wilson would be a nice signing. Asomugha would be a dream but I know that won't happen.

As long as we go after some guys that will actually improve our team then I'm all for it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think the Titans need to bring in another WR as Britt insurance, but I don't love the idea of Sims-Walker. I'm not sure he's much more reliable than Britt (he's been suspended by his team and done some very dumb stuff during his time in the league). Malcom Floyd is not a player I'm at all excited about. I think he's very, very average and his numbers are inflated by Philip Rivers' great passing. I think I'd rather take a good look at Sidney Rice (big injury risk but great upside) or James Jones. I would even consider Braylon Edwards, who plays a similar style of game as Britt. All those guys might be too expensive, though.

I was briefly intrigued by Huff a few months ago, but the latest news about his terrible practice habits has made me change my mind in a big way. He got better in the past couple years only because he was playing for a contract. He shouldn't be touched.

Weddle is a guy who I think is a bit overrated, but he's very versatile and would certainly be an upgrade over Hope. I bet he'll get more money than the Titans are willing to pay, though. I wonder if Quintin Mikell is a more realistic option at safety. Even he might be too pricey.

Also, it's absolutely ridiculous to call Zach Miller a "fat slow guy" and to suggest that he would block Cook from getting on the field. Miller is close to an elite tight end and, at this point, a lot better than Cook. He would be a great signing, but I doubt that tight end is a priority for the Titans.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If Kenny misses 4 games, it's because he got hurt again. He'll miss 2 games if the league sees a need to interfere with what Mike Munchak is going to do. I hope Munch benches him week-1, that way the league wont step in and suspend him for 2.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd be ecstatic if we could sign Sidney Rice or Manny Lawson. I think Babin & Tulloch are both gone, which is fine by me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. wg53

wg53 Starter

Why would you want those two soft,s h i t ty safeties?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar