Crumpler Returns to Atlanta as Titans Face Falcons

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Tonight, Alge Crumpler returns to the Georgia Dome to face his former team in a preseason game. When playing for the Falcons between 2001-07, Crumpler appeared in 108 games and made 316 catches for 4,212 yards and 35 touchdowns. Heading into 2007 he'd been voted to four consecutive Pro Bowls. But the Titans are happy to have him now in Tennessee. In training camp, Crumpler quickly became one of Young's favorite targets as well as a steadying influence for the third-year QB. "He is a big target, and he's smart,'' Young said. "He sees everything I am seeing out there. At the line of scrimmage we'll kind of give each other the eye before we snap the ball because he is seeing what I am seeing. I feel like he is going to help me out a whole lot."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Crump is awesome. If things go well, despite my gloomy predictions... he'll make 5-6 catches tonight for about 60-70 yds... I'd like to see a TD as well..

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I bet he's a part of the limited gameplan tonight. :brow:

4. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

The King thinks you're spot-on, oh mighty Kahuna. Tonight, the King believes will NOT be the time for Duke Crumpler to crumple the hearts of the tweety birds. Rather, those contending for the position of APPRENTICE to the Duke will wage battle with the birds. Thus, the Terrific Titans will determine who is of noble heart and manly fortitude for this honored role. Sir Blakley will have to return to his former nest and demonstrate that he is worthy. Sir Petrowski must show that he is of superior stuff. Baron Scaife cannot rest on past laurels, but must display he is deserving.

The King would love to see Duke Crumpler exact revenge on the Flowery Branch Bunch, but he is granted a boon tonight so that he might prepare himself for the upcoming contest with the kitty cats. Thus sayeth the King!

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

It would be gold if he scored and did the Dirty Bird in the endzone...

6. Titans80

Titans80 Do ya thang!

I want what your smokin! It's my birthday :wink2:

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

That would probably be the best thing to ever witness. Problem is, is Vince going to get the ball to him?

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I am hoping the titans have been hiding him in the preseason cause we have not seen much yet....................this guy is a pro bowler and I think he leads us in receptions this year and receiving td's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar