Crumpler agrees.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GriffinIsMyHERO, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yeah that surprised me too ..... probably a good move though.

2. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans and Crumpler Agree to Two-Year Deal

SUMMARY: The Titans and Alge Crumpler have agreed to a two-year deal. An announcement could come as early as Monday, barring any last-minute complications. Crumpler, a four-time Pro Bowler, visited with the Titans last month and his agent has remained in contact with the team. He also visited the Buccaneers and Seahawks. Crumpler recently completed his seventh NFL season, all with the Falcons. He has 316 catches for 4,212 yards and 35 touchdowns. But he was plagued by knee problems last season, when he had 44 receptions for 444 yards and five touchdowns. He was released by the Falcons on part because he counted $5.1 million against Atlanta’s 2008 salary cap.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

3. Overalls

Overalls Starter

I still like my chances more with a 25 yo Daniels over a 30 yo Crumpler.

I am not say he isn't a good pick up for Y'all and the ONLY reason Daniels was brought into the conversation was because some knuckle head wanted to start talking trash and was proved wrong. And no Gunny I don't mean you.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think two years is a good idea. He's getting old and his knees are suspect. If he tears it up this season, we could try to lock him up for a longer term before his contract ends. Let's wait until he proves it, though. If he's amazing but refuses to sign, we could always franchise him and get a 3rd season. By then he'd be 33 and at the tail end of his career. We could have his replacement ready to go by then.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Crumpler is a top 5 TE. Daniels is still developing, I think I'll take Crumpler.

6. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah thats a lot lower than I thought we would give him. Decent job MR but don't stop now thats not much money we have a lot left.

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we're basically renting him next year to see if his knees hold up, if they do i think we'll add a few more years to the deal some time in 2009 season.

10. Overalls

Overalls Starter

13 TEs, including Daniels had more yards than him last season. I'll still take Daniels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar