Crowd noise

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mitch86, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

"Piping in crowd noise" is the hot topic since the Falcons admitted to it. My question is, does this mean just playing cheering etc over loudspeakers in the stadium? Another one of those things that I can't understand how a team would think they could get away with. You have thousands of people there including opposing teams fans and staff,players, etc... I would think it would be pretty easy to tell that the probably 100s of speakers are blaring crowd noise at the appropriate times for the home team.

From what I've read, there have been many cases of teams doing this. Honestly, I don't think it's an advantage. But its against the rules, and not very smart. The point of "cheating" is to gain an advantage and not get caught. To me, there's no real advantage and it seems that there's no way it would go undetected. Just dumb.

Discuss.

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Smart thing would be to loop playback so it jus amplifys the sound in real time. Like speaking into a mic

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The smart thing to do, is give your fans reason to cheer.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Never thought of that. Maybe that's what was happening? I just don't see how anybody would think it was possible to blast noise on 100s of speakers and no one notice.

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I don't see how doing it that way is too noticeable. If you do it to make sound when the crowds dead is when you'd get caught.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is another one of things everybody does like roughing up footballs so they're easier to handle.

I don't care much for these petty antics, what bugs me some is how DLinemen get away with shouting calls at QBs. That screws you up worse than not being able to hear your own guys because of crowd noise.

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I would agree with that. My guess is that they did it when they could get advantage from it, like when the other team is on offense. Fans tend to get louder then anyway, so they would not necessarily notice the amplification.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Got to be careful about feedback but yes it could be done. The colts supposedly did this for years when manning was there in their old stadium.

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Every time I've been to Wembley games I've thought to myself that artificial crowd noise was used. Unless Wembley's ambience is different from other big stadiums it just didn't sound right.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That place was SO F'ing loud!!!

I was there often.. It was earpiercing. It hurt, honestly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar