Crocodile Hunter dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How does this image not freak anyone out? I can't believe snakes are that freakin' big.

2. I've heard of that story gunny, the snake literally exploded.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I hate snakes. And I never even seen one outside of the zoo.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

:ha: I just found a snake in my backyard less then a week ago.

5. Now that's strange, an Aussie afraid of snakes:ha: , and never seen one outside of a zoo, when I went to Australia, there were lizards and snakes everywhere:suspect:

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Man that's a bummer. I really liked his shows. A bit obnoxious, but not in a way that was too annoying (to me at least).

Why would the majority not like him?

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I actually couldn't tell you if I was afriad since I haven't seen one. I have seen either the tail of one or it may have been a lizard, but that is about it.
    Though two years ago I was playing cricket, my brother hit a six, went down the embankment and it landed something like 2 feet away from a snake.

The other team decided to get a new ball.:ha:

Where in Australia were you though? I don't really live in the bush area where you'd find snakes often.

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

That is a pretty sick picture. The best thing ever though is if you see it up close in person, when a snake does that to a mouse. It's dusgusting, but crazy.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

What is "hitting a six"?

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I lived in the swamp near homestead florida when I was a kid. I've seen alligators as close as a few feet, accidentally swam in the same water as them, and often had them lounging in my backyard in large groups. They are actually pretty lazy for the most part. But they kinda scare the crap out of you when you first make eye contact. One of my friends was attacked in what we call a carport, and ended up in the hospital ( he doesn't remember what happened, but has plenty of scars to mark the event). Other than that, nobody else was attacked during my childhood. If you've ever seen the scene in the movie E.T., Where the little girl sees E.T. for the first time, and she bolts off in one direction, and E.T. bolts off in the other, that is what normally happens when you come face to face with an alligator. But it happens really fast and is scary. Alligators and turtles are so fast on land you could not possibly believe it until you've seen it.

I've also seen baby alligators in the water and that is really cool. Only saw 'em once tho'.

As far as snakes, you don't run into them in Florida swamp as much as Alligators. We never had one in our house, but I remember a few in the front yard. And saw one water snake. More often than not you run into lizards. They are everywhere. And it's usually when you are tracking an exotic lizard through the swamp that you bump into an alligator.

The most dangerous thing, seriously, is falling coconuts. That is what will kill you in Florida.

And frogs. On my god. Frogs everywhere too. The game frogger is no joke. It's fascinating to see all the frogs that get flattened in Florida streets. Flat as a pancake and dried in the sun.

I only lived there for a few years, but it was the experience of a lifetime. Most people don't even believe me, but it was what it was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar