Crocodile Hunter dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Yeah but he was a great person. I loved the ESPN commerical where he wrestlers the Florida mascot.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I believe the barb punctured his chest and put a hole in his heart.

It is ironic that with that he did, something so rare and almost trivial ends up being his downfall.

Kinda like Achilles from the Roman (or greek) myth.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pU0UFbxZDGM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pU0UFbxZDGM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Does anyone here remember the (sadly prophetic) commercial he did for FedEx, I think it was?

In the ad, he was bitten and killed on camera by a very poisonous snake. The "other guys" hadn't delivered the antidote on time.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, one reason the barb could hit him in the chest was the size of the stingray, this was no dinner-plate sized ray, I heard it was a meter and a half wide... they can get you from farther away.

Terribly sad to hear, what a way to go. RIP Steve, keep fighting florida gators up there in heaven...

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

There are no Florida Gators in heaven.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

[​IMG]

I bet he is already taking on these two.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

He was last heard as saying:

"I am gonna grab this ray by the tail punch it in the face 3 times, spit in it eye then throw it in me pants and see what happens."

This is sad. That guy was awesome. I loved how fearless he seemed to be when he came up to what ever animal it was. At least he died doing what he loved. RIP.

9. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I'm 32 and don't have kids, I didn't realize how big he was with the kids. Man, I just read a report online from one of the Aussie newspapers, and the kids are very sad. Some parents were comparing it to the deaths of President Kennedy and Princess Diana, as in young famous people that children looked up to, and the tragic memory of their demise. I knew this was very big news, and very sad news. It's even more far reaching than I had realized...

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Our newspapers are prone to over-exaggerating (aren't they all).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar