Creativity?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Where is it? Watching every team we play each week just reminds me of how predictable and how uncreative our team is- on both sides of the ball.

Does it take us to be an awful team for Fisher to open the book a bit? Does it take only having 8 seconds left when it's do or die in the playoffs? Or just a game with a backup punter in the preseason?

Fisher shows he has the ability to be creative, but never when it could help the most. This team has MANY mismatches that could be used, and we never do even try to make it happen. Every season we hear of how creative we're going to be getting Chris Johnson the ball... well. I haven't seen it once. I'd understand if we had no decent RB to be in the backfield when he's not, but we do. Which creates problems for a defense if CJ splits out- but do we ever?

We tried it maybe 3 times in 3 games. 1 went for a touchdown. The others were just decoy plays.

The NFL is evolving. You look at other teams being very tricky with the simplest of plays, yet we're still running the same 3 plays every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down that we've been running for 10 years. No misdirection, no creative motion in the backfield. Nothing.

The only time we make quick throws- we throw screen passes to Justin Gage. What is Justin Gage going to do with a screen pass? Why do we have plays designed to lose yards?

We've lost our identity, but in the worst fashion. Fisher has no idea how he used to win games, but I could understand it if he was trying to be creative with his new targets- but he's not. Phil Fulmer was finally fired for being an exact clone of Jeff Fisher. It's going to happen here soon unless he changes.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I want to know why Cook isn't being used properly. Alge can catch but can't do much of anything after the catch. I've seen 2-3 balls thrown to Cook all season..the hell?

Washington should be getting more touches on the line of scrimmage, quick passes on the corner so he can turn it up field, Gage can't run like Nate.

CJ should be getting more toss sweeps instead of straight handoffs. I would ask for screen passes, but our coaching staff has consistently shown they have no clue how to draw up a screen play that gets more than 2 yards. Pathetic.

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

its been like this forever. when eddie was used up, had like 4 lingering injuries a game... run run punt. when we had lendale without CJ, we ran him like 350 times, often resulting in the infamous run run punt. now we have CJ a home run threat, and everyone knows he's running on 1st down... he doesnt thrive like that.

it would piss me off last year when we won 13 games. this year its just depressing :(

4. Titantic Titan

Titantic Titan Camp Fodder

I agree, I was wondering if I was the only one who called the plays ,before we ran them, about 90% of the time in the third and fourth quarter. If I can call the plays(and I am not that smart) don't you think that coaches who get paid lot's of money knew our play call's? Give me some creativity and I will be happy even if we lose. I hate to lose with that generic s@$#t they run every game.

5. MadDog

MadDog GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

I agree to some extent... A draw play on 3rd and forever is going to be predictable however.

If we were to become a creative team, it wouldn't take a week for teams to realize this... I do believe the NFL is evolving, mostly the talent and some of the coaching.

6. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

One thing that erks me is the whole Coach Fish NFL Network interview when he said "You dont want to open against us" referring to possibly the wildcat or other gimmick plays.....not one has been ran in the regular season

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

I feel like the old Tecmo Super Bowl game's playbook is in use. 4 run plays and 4 pass plays.

Very vanilla... very predictable.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Giving credit where credit is due, fish won't hesititate to go for it on 4th down. It paid off quite nicely for us last year. Getting the ball in Chris Johnsons hands when the blitz is coming instead of leaving him the backfield to block for Kerry (and subsequently get pushed around by men twice his size) could burn some teams. When a QB sees a blitz coming, they tend to change the play at the line of scrimage. I very seldomly, if at all recall Kerry Collins doing this. Is this not part of our scheme?

9. amy

amy Starter

As I've said before, the other teams have us figured out and unless Coach comes up with something different to throw at them, we will never again be successful. I'm sure he knows that, but knowing it and doing something about it are two very different things.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If the goal of having Washington was to stretch the field, it's not happening. Have the Titans taken a deep shot yet this season?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar