Craig Stevens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Mar 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

His social security number is 003.

• LOL LOL x 3
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

SS #'s need to be longer

I bet it's 411-00-003

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

In 2014 he was only targeted twice. In 2013 he was targeted 6 times. Last season he was targeted 16 times and caught 12.

By no means am I saying hes some sort of real receiving threat. Hes just not as bad as people make him out to be.

Edit: For his career, 97 targets and 60 catches for 760ish and 6 TDs. Thats in 109 games so while he can make a catch here and there, its hard to argue that he could become a tool in our passing game.

Good thing is, thats not why we signed him

#23 Alzarius, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  4. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Can you name a blocking TE that does more?

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Stevens does exactly what he's asked to do very well. Glad we have him.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

You're complaining about a backup TE on a 3-win team that no one on this board is in love with.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

A lot of people love to quote PFF so I will do the same. Craig Stevens was their 9th best TE in the NFL. Not saying. That's an accurate source but people love to use it here

8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

He's depth and does a decent job got what he's asked to do.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's definitely a low level, waste of a pick player for where we got him. But this far into his career, being the 3rd TE and a half decent run blocking TE I see no reason to try to replace his role with someone else.

I can see why we try to upgrade the position with guys who are good (Walker) or potential (Thompson) but Stevens still remains the constant in all that.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Only a complete idiot makes a federal case out of a 1 year 2M contract. Alex is an idiot!

He's a blocking TE who plays special teams. So?

The Donnie Nickey comparison doesn't wash either. Stevens has been signed to new contracts by 2 different GMs and played for 4 different coaches. Nickey was supposedly a favorite of Jeff fisher but that was over done also.

Alex thinks nfl football is like the NBA. Just have a couple of super stars, a few more decent players and you are good to go.

In football you need role players to round out your team.

Again only a babbling retard with an IQ in the 50s would make a huge f*cking deal about a fringe role player being signed to a one year deal not much above the minimum.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar