Craig Stevens takes a pay cut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Man I hope we don't see FB at all, I would like to see a lot of single back formations with a 3 WR set or 2 TE's if we grab one in the draft.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I was thinking of Walker actually. He played some with the 49ers. Getting another halfway legitimate pass catcher at tight end could be nice.

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Stevens was going to be vastly overpaid. I doubt he could find another team in the NFL to get what he's going to get paid now, much less what he was scheduled to make.

I like this move because I think it shows that the Titans FO is gearing up to sign some of our players to extensions, like Casey. We need to lock him up.

Also, while talking about the TE position, is it me or does it scare anyone else that if Delanie goes down, we're stuck with Stevens and Thompson as our top TE's? I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us go TE in the draft at some point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Who the F*** is stephens? Are you talking about Craig Stevens? If you are that dude is a scrub.

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

That works, also.

6. TitansWillWin2

lol? Makes no sense because he misspelled the name. You spelled it right both times in your example. lmao

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im no Stevens lover but Im going to keep saying this. During his 7 years with us, Ive only seen the man drop 3 passes. Thats pretty good if I must say so.

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Nah. Both are scrubs. LMAOLMAOLMAO

9. TitansWillWin2

Idk why you think that bothers me that you think Britt is a scrub? If you honestly don't think he will succeed with his new team then you are helpless.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IDK how I feel about the Titans carrying a FB. We never use FB's the way I want us to. I was always used like a Richie Anderson when I played FB, saw a ton of passes thrown my way.
    But I guess you get more yards after catch if you're one of those teams who evolved their safety net into a slot receiver. It takes a real man to play FB the way it needs to be played, Im not even sure Roger Goodell allows FB's to really do their job without being penalized. Playing FB is a brutal job, you're constantly colliding into bigger bodies and every now and then you may see a reward in the form of a 2.5-yard carry.

I will say this though about single back sets, that was always my favorite formation to run out of when I played. So really, if we dump the FB position all together, I wouldn't hate it, but there is still a need for a player like that on most rosters I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar