Craig Stevens stepping up..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

:jumpropeb Congrats to eric for writing a post that did not mention Donnie Nickey. :jumpropeb

How rare is that?

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Special teams ace donnie nickey ejected and fined! Craig Stevens, your pride and joy, scored his first touchdown. Doesn't that make you happy?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Meanwhile Jared Cook, the athletic freak that he is, dropped a great deep ball when he tried to catch it with his hip...

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Let's just look at the stats. Craig Stevens is our future and Cook is just a project. He looks the part, he just tries to juggle the ball. Is Cook becoming another Troupe?

5. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

That drop by Cook was disappointing. Right through the bucket.

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Craig never "stepped down" he just stopped being targeted along with the other TEs for about 2 weeks.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yay 1td in 3 years, best 3rd round pick ever!!!!!!!!!!

A few more blocking TEs and special teams studs and we'd win 5 superbowls in a row.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah, we should have re-signed Keith '12 tackles' Bulluck.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't recall saying Stevens was the best 3rd rd pick ever and i never touted Donnie Nickey but certain posters always have to focus on the negative.

I watch Stevens a lot during the games and he is the only one who seems to be blocking anyone and he has turned into a good player.

Regarding Cook his role should be similar to the way the Colts are using Tamme.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I've watched him too and definitely seen him whiff and get beat on blocks.

Still, he's improved a lot. I just can't believe we have a however many page thread to talk about our Blocking TE. It's also recently become an overwhelming mentality of some posters on this board that special teams players and blockers are more important than people that actually touch the football.

Stevens is a contributor but he's not a difference maker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar