Courtland Finnegan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Maybe Fisher thinks that Finnegan just needs to play more of the Nickel until he has more experience to start.

2. And start Griffin over him who has even less experience?? Especially since he xfered positions... now i know Finnegan did as well, but his transition seemed to go a lot smoother. But then again he was a 7th round pick so we never got a ton of info on how he was doing.

3. fairwin

fairwin stop hitting yourself

I have been on the Finnegan bandwagon since day-one
    (check it... last sentence)
    http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=21509

but I fear that his days are numbered.
    Here is a post Pats game quote from Fisher:

(on his decision to start Cortland Finnegan tonight)

Well, we were hoping to start [Reynaldo Hill], but Rey wasn’t able to go, so we just went with [Cortland] again to give him a chance to run one more time, at least one more game, with the first unit.

(on if he is he doing enough that he is making himself hard to replace)

We said two weeks ago that he started to make his move, and we never counted him out. We have touch decisions to make and they are good problems to have because we are getting a lot of production out of the corner spot right now.

I don't know about you guys, but this shallow endorsement doesn't do much to boost my confidence. Could we be preparing to trade Finnegan?

4. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

We can't trade Finnegan. If we were going to trade anyone, why couldn't we just trade Reynaldo. Finnegan is showing great production and though Rey isn't on the field yet, i doubt those injuries counted for 100% of his faux pas last year. besides, we don't have a good return game with anyone else on the team. There's a difference between a DB returning and a returner playing DB. Finny is both.

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

So fairwin gets the medal?

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

[​IMG]

Congrats fairwin. Both you and Maury guests now have something in common. You both say you were with a man first.

Enjoy your award, poorly embossed to your liking. Forged from the inside of a pepsi can.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i promise i was 2nd....

8. DC you have no proof. You registered March of 07, that was after the season.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Unless Rey had a stiff neck.

However we won't trade the Chosen One, his depth is irreplaceable. What if one of Harper or Finnegan or Griffin go down (which ever two start), his experience as a starter is valuable and he is not costing us anything.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Add Herdon to the list. Also the "Chosen One" doesn't play NB so right now he might be decent trade bait for a team that needs more depth at CB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar