Could you out-coach Fisher?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Apr 25, 2010.

?
  1. YES - I'm 100% confident.

16.4%
  2. NO - that would be foolish

61.8%
  3. Maybe. I'm great at Madden.

16.4%
  4. I am a Klingon

5.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buck Nasty

Buck Nasty Pacman Smith

136 - 110 :stirpot:

2. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

awesome 9-7 record right there

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why?

The most it'd take to outcoach Jeff Fisher would be a pulse.

I bet he has a losing record on NFL Head Coach (video game).

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And it shows us the ones that truly can't develop their own opinion, they just take status as the absolute.
    You're probably the type that thinks it's ok that Nick Harper played because it was the coaches decision and coaches always make the right decision because they're coaches. Right?

Again- An NFL head coach doesn't even do 10% of the coaching. All Fisher's job consists of is to limit the team by handcuffing the O and D Coordinators while playing crappy veterans over talented playmakers.

Let me guess, Chris Henry was a great pick because an NFL general manager (oooohhh professional!) made the pick. Even though most casual football fan knew it was one of the stupidest picks possible. So would you say we couldn't have drafted someone better there?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Being a head coach is a lot more than second guessing play calls from your sofa. It's hard work and since none of us have even been assistants before how would we know what the hell to do?

It means working 70 hour weeks and trying to keep the team together and dealing with problems that come up like injuries or legal problems.

A coach has to make the players believe they can and will win and the players have to have confidence that the coach knows his arse from a hole.

Gloat couldn't even run a training camp and the players would would be laughing at his incompetence.

We have seen coaching disasters before like Les Steckel with the Vikings, Richie Pettibone with the Redskins and Don Shula's son with the Bengals.

The titan team that was 8-8 under fisher would be 2-14 under gloat.

Fisher might not be the best game planner or the best X and O guy but at least he can run a professional organized camp and knows how to deal with the players. 16 years gives you credibility that any of us would not have.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i think fisher tries to out coach himself sometimes. thats why you see wtf moments on the filed. i think he needs to see a shrink.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maybe but how can you function in a CEO type role when the people under you think you are incompetent and the players have no faith that you know a damn thing?

The players would always be testing you and laughing behind your back. That coach gloat don't know sheeeeeeet man!

You have to manage 80 players from the beginning of camp with a large coaching staff and supporting staff. Nobody will want to work hard for you if you see your job as head coach is sitting on your arse and letting them do the work.

8. Wraith

Wraith Starter

i know i can't out coach him, but i do think i could keep it close enough to be respectable, But only due to Cecil not having a good scheme against a couple of offensive styles, i'd still be lucky to win 1 in 250

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I can't believe so many people have such low self esteem.
    C'mon people, RAISE YOUR BAR OF SELF WORTH...We're talking about Jeff Fisher, who's done for coaching what Tiny Tim did for music...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar