Could we do a RB trade?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdy_hitt, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Our backfield is suddenly VERY crowded. Someone is gonna have to go. I'd say Jarrett Payton is a goner. Damien Nash will have to have an amazing camp to stick around. If LenDale White stays healthy, I cant imagine us keeping both Chris and Travis.

Something to keep in mind... this is the last year of Chris Browns contract. So if they dont think he's the answer long term, you might as well trade him while he still has some value.

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

And Henry is playing for minimum wage. This puts some pressure on both of them, they have to step up and stay healthy.

3. It makes the most sense to trade Henry if they can get any value (aye, there's the rub). Brown is seemingly a better compliment to White than Henry.

I'd trade one of them, personally, but I don't know what kind of value we can get for either.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

There is also the issue that we don't want to hand over anything to White. Make him get in tip top shape and earn the carries imo. Besides, Henry costs us nothing and we certainly can't give away our best running back because our rookie has potential.

5. true, but it is very very crowded in the backfield, something besides payton has to give

6. chris brown when he is healyth nd 100% cood be a veryy very good back.... i am in love with the titans nd there is one titan who i dont like nd it is travis henry.... he doesnt deserve to be a titan.... we shood either trade him or release him or do sumthing just to leave it with chris brown nd lendal splitting carries nd then u still got payton nd nash to be the back ups but u wont even need them.... i realli think that the combo or c Brown nd L White cood soon be the best runnig back duo in the leage nd it will happen.....love the titans draft choosings

7. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I say we keep White (THUNDER) and Brown (LIGHTNING)
    Think ABout it.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Henry is clearly the odd man out....his last name isn't a colour.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Remember when Thunder and Lightning came to Tennessee.

pregame crap from PFW

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives/features_2000/daily_092900.asp

and the game summary

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/recaps/2000/10/01/titans_giants/

Barber carried the ball five times for two yards, and Dayne lost one yard on three carries. Collins was New York's leading rusher with 19 yards on three carries." - lol

man I miss having a D that would punch the other team in the mouth and make them quit

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Henry's value..

Since we re-signed him to a smaller contract henry might be worth a 5th rd pick. Someone will take a chance on him to get a decent backup.

If we did that we need to sign brown to a longer term deal. His contract runs out this year. Brown is a nice change of pace to white and is good catching the ball out of the backfield. He could have a fine career here getting about 1/3 of the carries and being our third down back. I'm sure that is not what he wants though. He is going to want to start somewhere.

Brown's trade value is diminished a bit by the fact he only is signed for a year. Given he only counts $605,000 against the cap he is more valuable to us just to keep him on.

Pretty darned exciting. We have white motivated to show that he was worth a first rd pick and brownie motivated to get a nice contract next year. Then we have henry to boot. It would be nice to have steve back so he could enjoy a good running game for a change. We are going to sloberknock some people this year!

Smash mouth is back on the banks of the cumberland!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar