Could VY Split the fan base??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by slateaa, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slateaa

slateaa Camp Fodder

I spent this afternoon reading this forum and have come to the conclusion that VY could destroy the Titans from inside out. I don’t ever post and this is my first. I just felt compelled to say something.

I drove over from Memphis to see the game last Sunday. I will admit that I didn’t see anything that happened on the sideline, but could see it coming. I even told the people to my left that they should not boo VY because he can’t mentally take it. I never in my widest dreams would have thought that he would melt down to that degree.

I will be the first to admit that I wrote him off in 2008 when he had his first melt down. I have never seen a football player do that. You normally see these type of personalities get weeded out in the pee wee leagues. He is the QB for Gods sake!! He is supposed to be the leader of this team… not some fragile women that needs to be coddled. If you ask me, VY is the first women to ever play in the NFL. I would like some TSA agent to verify that this guy has a pair because he sure doesn’t act like it.

I would just have to side with the Coach when it’s a matter of him wanting a mentally stable QB.

The thing that blows my mind is how passionately everyone is taking this. There doesn’t appear to be in middle ground here. It’s either fire Fisher or get rid of VY. Will this split the fans?

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

how did VY do anything wrong? I thought the booing was just as much a sign of dissatisfaction over the play calling and not as much for VY himself.

Vince young was just using the booing as validation because he sees right through VY.

Fishers been running same circus since the 90s when he was looking for any reason to put Neil O'Donnell in over McNair. Don't any of you sit here and act like that didn't happen. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks... Because Jeff Fisher tries to manufacture quarterback controversies each season regardless of the QB only to make himself look like more of a coach and to have a reason to cover his rear end for his mediocrity.

Jeff fisher, the coach who always has an excuse why he has a mediocre record.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Fisher is destroying this fan base.

Still no pictures or videos of VY throwing his pads in the stands. 2 players have sided with Young. Analyst have also sided with Young.

Vince Young hasn't even gotten to say his piece and Fisher's story already seems like bs. Do we even know the status of the injury yet??

4. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Lessee......Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders.....Yep, pretty credible analysts.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Vince admitted throwing his shoulder pads in the stands. To add to that, raising his hands while fans are booing (and not even initially booing VY, imo) is a fool's move.

Throwing a tantrum against Fisher in the post game locker, with 5 divisional games left, that's just unacceptable behavior for any 5 year vet.

Vince should have handled the whole thing differently, and imo, should have waited until after the season and spoke with Bud directly about the problems.

I also want to add I'm sick of Vince talking about his "true fans". He should care about all Titans fans! What happened to "I love yall too" (in reference to his haters)?

He disrespected the Titans fan base. Both with throwing shoulder pads into the stands and raising his hands during boos. But also with derailing the season with his locker room antics.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Thats the great thing as far as this forum is concerned. If we weren't split and everybody agreed on everything, then we woulnd't have all this great reading material. :grrhee:

7. soccerman77

soccerman77 Starter

ESPN just broke that VY texted Fish asking for forgiveness and apologized to him..

VY admitted he was wrong. Sooner Titans dump him the better.

8. TxTitansFan

TxTitansFan Camp Fodder

VY had around a 107 QB rating and was doing just fine. I really doubt most of the boos were for him. Also, even if they were booing him, it's NOT the reason for the so called "blowup".

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fisher needs to be shown the door.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Having been a football fan for 39 of my 44 years, I'll say this...coaches come and go...players come and go...scandals and drama comes and goes...if our fan base splits over Fisher/ VY, then they weren't really fans of the team, just the individuals.

I was a Titans fan before this, and I'll be a Titans fan long after this is a distant memory.

• High Five High Five x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar