Could Titans Trade Up?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheSureThing, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't want to trade up but I wouldn't mind trading down. I know trading down is always a popular pick but I really like it this years as opposed to years before. I like the DL prospects in the late 1st/early 2nd more than the mid 1st. I also would love to address the SS position this year then draft a deep FS position next year so if we trade down to late 1st/early 2nd and we could end up going Curry and Smith I think that would be a win.

Actually in some sort of crazy scenario and we were able to get a third 2nd round pick I would go Levonte David. Then go C with whatever pick we have next.

I can dream right?

2. Wraith

Wraith Starter

I'll give you that we should also consider Coples, but i think he will be there at 20, however I do NOT want Barron under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES in the first 2 rounds, he is a second round prospect that is overhyped in an extremely weak class at safety. Saftey is a very minor need for us right now, Griffin is not nearly as bad as people on here make him out to be. I wouldn't trade up for any receiver in this draft, Blackmon is only out of the question because of what he would cost though. If we take a reciever it should be Jeffery out of SC at 52, and i expect us to have that option

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I wish people would stop talking about Barron, DeCastro, Konz or Floyd. We won't draft any of them.

I'm convinced that we're going defense; furthermore, I'm convinced that we're going D-line or CB.

4. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

One ton, what has led you to be so certain of that?

Wraith! I agree with many of your points and I think its excellent you aren't so gullable and believe Griffin is as terrible as many have exaggerated. I think he was a product of our below average pass rush. He has had his great years as well and I bet many of the same people were praising him at those times. It's called a team for a reason.

Anyway,

I disagree with your grade on Barron. I believe he belongs in the first round and is one of the better prosopects. I see him as a complete safety. There arent many other players you could argue that. There is plenty of room for improvement at the safety position with the possibility that we lose both our starters in the next 2 years. I think Barron will start over both but I would prefer we keep Griffin.

Additionally, I think there is room for improvement at the WR position too. I honesty like Kendall Wright slightly more than I do Blackmon. Wright is lightning quick and will be able to stretch the field along with Britt allowing Washington to play slot. I dont mean to be argumentative but Jeffery disgusts me. He looks like he is better suited to play DT. I think his size alone would allow him to perform in college but it is certainly not enough in the pro's.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think the re-signing of Hawkins and the franchising of Griffin says it all.

6. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

I would rather stay put but would not be mad moving up 4-5 spots if someone we like is there such as DeCastro, Ingram, or Floyd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Playmaker

That we suck at those positions?

If Hawkins is stopping us from drafting a WR and Griffin, who plays FS not SS like Barron, is keeping us from that selection then maybe we need a new FO.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. The Playmaker

I'm not saying I want Wright in the 1st but if Hill drops to us in the 2nd I would give him a very strong look. I don't think Barron falls to us because he has Dallas all over him but the discussion of the position should continue because Harrison Smith will be there at #20 and maybe fall to us in the 2nd. I was against him in the beginning but I'm warming up to him now, thank you scouting reports and videos.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'm not saying that he's stopping us from drafting a WR...I'm saying that the FO obviously thinks we have that position well in hand (we do). Britt, Washington, Williams and Hawkins can (and did) get the job done. Sure, who wouldn't LOVE a 1st or 2nd round talent in there somewhere? It just won't happen. If you know this franchise, you know it will be addressed later in the draft. It's not a first round possibility, IMO.

I also think that inking Babs to a 3 year deal indicates that we're content at the position (for the time being). I think that this draft class is one of the weakest I've seen in a long time (especially at the safety position) and that we will wait until next year if and when we plan on making changes in the secondary.

10. The Playmaker

Agree about WR but this I'm not sure. It's a long shot that Barron will be available anyway but having Babs inked on a cheap deal won't stop us from getting Barron. Griffin is only on a 1 year deal so it's pretty obvious he'll be gone next year and Babs isn't even that good. He's getting love because someone else finally started over Hope, he's not that much better. If we got Barron then Babs would just move over to Nickel, a position he played in Seattle I believe. I wouldn't let a scrub starter who is making a bit over a mil this year determine if we go Barron or not. Barron is going to be a 10+ year starter with a few pro-bowls, that's just my evaluation. We can all agree though that Babs doesn't have much left, if even a little this year. We obviously have different views on Barron but he can be an anchor and a leader on this defense for years to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar