Could there be a worse season than...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Be careful what you wish for. Last year's third-place finish in the division earned us games against the third-place teams from the AFC North and AFC West. That turned out to be Baltimore and San Diego, who are both 7-2, and both beat us. You can never tell which teams will improve the most from year to year.

Next year we'll have games against one team each from the AFC North and AFC East. Looks like the Browns or Steelers and the Dolphins or Bills. I'd guess the Steelers and Dolphins will be better next year. The Brownies beat us last year too.

Probably not an easy two games, no matter who it will be against.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Strength of schedule...

IS A GAME!!!

It's based on the previous year but doesn't take into account injuries, suspensions, draft picks, ect.

So a team like SD who take Shawn Merriman all of a sudden has a great defense and are a much BETTER team...but the SOS (strength of Schedule) doesn't take any of that into consideration.

Plus, I only look at one thing...beating the best teams in our division. When we stand on top of our division again, we won't worry about 'SOS.' That'll be something for the bottom-feeders to use as an excuse.

So focus on Indy and the Jags. When we can beat them, I'll be happy.

And frankly, while I'm frustrated that we could have beaten Indy, it sure was better than being blown out by them and never being competitive in the game. Of course, now I expect more since clearly our talent can't be SO inferior since we should have beaten them the first time.

Of course, the Jags DID blow the doors off us and we need to FIX that in a hurry!!!

Gut

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Yes 92'. Knowing you had the best team in the AFC & suffering chest pains at the age of 24 as stress levels reached a lifetime high whilst watching it all fall apart vs Buffalo :hmm:

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Come now, we all know that can't be true :ha:

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Sadly it is.

I have a mental age of 12 so that balances it out :))

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I can't quite figure that out, either.

We get a killer sked. While Indy and Chicago look as though they are getting free passes into the Super Bowl after winning their respective Divisions last season.

It makes no sense. :suspect:

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we play essentially the same schedule as indy. there are like two games differences.

8. Houston has got a better record right now, they've already won more games than last year, who thinks they're gonna finish 3rd ey, in fact do you want them to finish 3rd so they get a lower draft pick and a harder schedule...

No, screw that, I wanna see the Titans win and finish as high as possible!!!

There is a lot of talent in that draft, I really wouldn't mind picking #8 instead of #4...

Also, you can never tell which teams are gonna be great or not, look at the Panthers a couple of years back, 1-15 to Superbowl...

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

the Panthers lost 15 straight that season. They won their opener if I recall correctly. Chris Weinke got the start in that game I think.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I just want the team to play well. The pick really doesn't make a difference to me. I do hope if we get a top 5 pick we can trade down and get a couple of defensive playmakers. Especially at RE, no Qb we've played this year has had to worry about his backside. Unless the coaching staff is completely sure of Fuller becoming a great safety, we need a FS in the draft too. I think the offense is ok. The key to the offenses improvement will be Young's development. (And I have no worries about that.) A playmaking WR would be great, but without a D to stop the other team, he won't ever see the field anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar